112 Antelope

BCS

Well i got a little lucky and drew this tag. Just looking for any advice, help, recommendations on the unit and quality. I understand it is a pretty good unit. I am from oregon and have a pretty busy hunting season a controlled elk and deer tags in oregon, and most likely over the counter elk in idaho so i wont have vacation for a scouting trip. plan on taking my six year old with me. Thanks for any offerings of advice, goat numbers, general areas to focus on.

antelope are spread out from top to bottom. the center part of the unit seemed to hold the most antelope when i was there 4 years ago. the closer i got to the flaming gorge the less antelope i saw. good luck

Neat country.....good place to be able to glass LONG ranges....i have found them in both aspens and cedars there. You should also see a bunch of elk. I 2nd the center of the unit comment. Start looking where the country breaks and starts the long drive to the border.

While I have never hunted 112, I have hunted a dozen or so antelope in Wyoming.
The last time I went with my son, we decided to forgo our normal opening day routine and hunt later in the season. Like you, we had conflicting hunts in other states. It turned out to be a great move because the Antelope rut heats up the last part of September and we didn't see another hunter.
It was a blast watching the bucks chase each other around and pretty much every group of does had a decent buck with it.
So, if your other hunts might get in the way, consider a late September adventure.

As others have said -great area with lots to see. A lot of antelope but from the hunts I have done in that area I wouldn't expect anything giant. Agree that the middle of the unit holds most of the animals but it seems like the bigger animals we saw were right on that northern border moving back and forth between the two units. Hope that helps. Pm me if you have any other questions.

If you want a different sort of experience, hit the higher country in places like Pine and Little Mtn. It's fun to see antelope up there in the timber.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom