161-164 deer early season

Should I hunt the first part of the season. Starts Oct5 or what until the last part Oct 20 ends? Any thoughts? Thanks
Hunt the first part of the season.

If you wait until the end, you will be dealing with a super full moon on the 17th.
Do some preseason scouting.
Locate some bucks and they will probably be in the same area when your hunt starts.
There will be a few Archery and Muzz hunters before you but with the reduced quotas that shouldn’t be much of a problem.
Good luck.

Had this archery tag a few years ago. Packed into the table for 7 days and wasn't impressed. Ended up eating the tag as I didn't find the shooter buck I was looking for. I did however have a blast. Beautiful country and seen a whole lot of elk. Rifle could be different. Best of luck hope you get a good one

I got super lucky in the draw this year, I have the archery elk hunt right before you, will be going to the Table also, my dates are Sept 17-30. PM me in the end of Sept I will let you know what I find deer wise. Start getting in shape, carrying weight, if you want to hunt it without horses I can tell you that.

I helped someone on this hunt a couple years ago. If you can plan your hunt around the weather that would make more difference than a specific week. If there is a storm, the day immediately after or even during if its cloudy and just a light drizzle will be the best day of the hunt most likely.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom