16c Elk updates

WesternSky

I have a tag for the 3rd 16c hunt. Wondering if anyone has had any success or can provide any sort of update to help me get through the new couple weeks.

Any pointers of places to check out. I have 2 areas that I will be hunting but will always listen to someone that has the low down on a 350" bull!!!( I beer, pocket change, lawn mowing availble for trade on this info!)

1851dsc07976.jpg

Western: I missed an easy (standing Broadside)shot at 280-290 bull and got winded by 300-310 then shot this rag 5x5 on sat.They made noise early and late.I was in elk everyday but never saw anything in the 350 range.I hope you find one,good luck..

Nice bull Pigpen!! You and Showtime look real cute in the pic. Glad you got one on the ground, still waiting to hear how Jeds VC hunt went. We are headed down on Thurs about a 30 hour trip for us ugh. Scotty

Just helped a buddy on a 16c hunt. We were only able to hunt four days and it was fairly tough. They are starting to bugle about an hour before dark and only until 730 or so in the a.m. We hunted near beaverhead/cooney prairie area and there were hunters EVERYWHERE. Had three different stalks where hunters walked in between us and bulging bulls that were coming in. We did see lots of bulls and had plenty of chances, he was just never able to get a great shot. We had several 60 yd chances, but with very little activity after 7:30 am, it was mostly spot and stalk type hunting.

I do think that there was so much pressure the bulls had pushed further into the timber. The further back we were, the better it was.

On that note, there are some BIG bulls around this year. Great antler growth and everything seems to be really healthy. I think your hunt is going to be in full swing rut. Should be a great hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom