16C Youth

Whompum

My 12 year old drew the 16c rifle hunt Oct 10th. Any thoughts and suggestions are beyond appreciated. I know 15 and that is it. Its been his twin sister drawing all the tags the last two years years so he is super pumped. Thank you. Jarrod

I have only hunted this unit once for deer, and that was 4 years ago. But when we were down there we ran into elk and saw elk the entire time.
You my friend are in for a treat.
You really don't need to know much about that unit. Or where to start. There are literally elk around every corner.
Find a high point on the road or on a hillside, glass into the tall grass and along the treeline. You will find some, guaranteed.

Congrats to your son Whompum! My 12 year old daughter drew the same tag! She is really excited! We are going in on the Winston side, we shouldn't have a problem finding the elk. Hopefully they'll still be bugling! Good Luck!

Congrats. Thats the tag my 17 year old was hoping for. I hunted it last year on the early rifle and my brother has guided it for the past 5-6 years. You should have an amazing hunt. Good luck!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom