1st bowhunt

T

texhunter

Tomorrow is my first day to ever bowhunt. Any last minute suggestions before I try it.

Keep the wind in your face, when you think you're going slow enough-slow down some more, use your binos instead of your boots, and most of all HAVE FUN! Good luck.

BOHNTR )))------------>

And remember to breath when those deer get within 150 yards. You'll be amazed at how you lock up when you get deer in close :)

Cheers,
Pete

I agree with c3. My boss just got back from an elk hunt here in AZ and he ended up not getting anything. He had a nice bull at 15 yards and was so nervous that he wasn't able to pull his bow back all the way. He lost all his strength. He said he pulled it back as far as he could and let an arrow fly. It hit the ground and skipped through the legs of the bull. It ran about 5 yards and stopped and looked at the arrow and walked off. So remember to breath and don't look at the antlers.

Ive shot quite a few bulls with a rifle and never got the shakes or overly excited but I tried archery this year for the first time and its just amazing how much you can shake when a big boy is bugling 20 yards away and your at full draw holding it and waiting......BREATHE!!!! Gary

Thanks for the tips. I didn't get anything but I did have a small 8pt about 40yds away and that was enough to give me the shakes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom