2011 CO Application

Trophy_Taker

Just got off the phone with CDOW. A simple question turned into a 10 minute brain surgery and still no direct answer from the DOW employee.

If I want to purchase a deer preference point this year do I have to purchase a habitat stamp in order to apply? I have not had to in the past but the DOW employee insist that I have, unbelievable!

In past years a habitat stamp has only been required to receive a license and not to apply. In past years I have applied for a deer permit without purchasing a habitat stamp and if successful I would then buy the habitat stamp so that my license would be mailed. Has this changed for 2011?

Just another scheme to profit from selling the opportunity to NOT hunt. Newest game in town among all states.

What I don't like about it is it mentions you only need to buy one, so if you are applying for 4 different species I assume you only check one box and include it in the check for that one application. Then just leave the stamp box blank in the other 3 applications? But it doesn't say anywhere that I saw.

Heck in AZ you must pay for 2 licenses if applying late, then they send one back later.

Just put the preference point in your cart and the system will automatically include one habitat stamp at checkout.

Grizzly

I am required to snail mail my sheep application. So for that do you think I just leave the box blank?

Zim,

I just went online and purchased the Habitat Stamp, and then mailed in my Sheep and Goat applications. Their computer system should be able to identify that you have purchased the stamp by your CID #. Hope this helps.

Zim,
DOW was on NPR telling us how the sale of hunting licenses has gone down for the past few years... basically the DOW ONLY gets money by selling hunting and fishing licenses. yes they make money off of them I don't know that it is a profit...Our gov wants to merge the DOW with the State parks organization because the state parks are not bringing in $$$ if they do that count of our licenses price to increase for the next few years as well....

If you are mailing in your apps and haven't bought your habitat stamp, you must pay 10 bucks extra for each mail in app. This is because they don't know which app will be processed first. I was told by Colorado Wildlife they will accept the first stamp and refund the extra stamps that you must pay for to apply.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-11 AT 03:42PM (MST)[p]if you bought a stamp through the online process (NR deer and elk) you dont have to mark or do aything about it on the sheep and goat paper applications. i called and asked about this a while back. it was explained that the system shows it was already purchased when the manually process the sheep and goat apps

>If you are mailing in your
>apps and haven't bought your
>habitat stamp, you must pay
>10 bucks extra for each
>mail in app. This
>is because they don't know
>which app will be processed
>first. I was told
>by Colorado Wildlife they will
>accept the first stamp and
>refund the extra stamps that
>you must pay for to
>apply.

If this is true, there are going to be a lot of pissed off hunters cause you know many will just pay it once and mail all. I knew there'd be a problem because there is not wording in the proclamations to clarify this, that I found. If the DOW rejects these apps I'd say the hunters would have a legal gripe. The regs say one stamp............period.

They did make a big mess out of the mail in's. I was going to just buy one and leave the rest blank but called and asked what they wanted. I wanted to get it done so I applied with a habitat stamp on each app. What I should have done is leave them all blank and when I got home buy one stamp online. A guy would have another few days to do this if they did only send in one with the mail in apps, then they are covered and should get the refund on the one app.

Yep...thats exactly what I done....mail in apps, leave box to buy habitatstamp blank, and then go on-line to purchase the Habitat stamp...once!....

Geeze, it's getting to the point when a Law Degree would come in handy to fill out hunting applications!

"Geeze, it's getting to the point when a Law Degree would come in handy to fill out hunting applications!"

I strongly agree. Each year I hope I don't get tripped up by one of these quirks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom