2011 draw odds question

dillon

Very Active Member
Does anyone know when they Utah DWR usually puts out the Big Game Bonus Point Draw Results?

I really like to compare years to get an idea of where I stand with the other bonus point applicants on different units.

Thanks,

Dillon

www.dillonhoyt.com

I looked on DWR website and last years data was dated 8/11/2010. I hope it comes out in August. That would be nice to see where I stand also.

Just another example of UDWR's ineptness. Wyoming has their odds out the same day as the draws are posted. all the information is there, it can't be that hard to compile it.

Amen to that comment about the difficulty of compiling the data. I've suggested to the DWR before that they use some dedicated hunters with skills like this because it's apparent they just don't get around to doing them for a while...

You can't convince me that UDWR has an entirely-computerized system, yet isn't capable of releasing bonus-points stats at any time.

If they don't have that capability, they need a new programmer.

Grizzly

I guess if there is nothing else to do, one can pretty much complain about anything the Utah DWR does!!!
The Utah draws are handled by a private firm in Nevada and they have all the data. It would be my guess that they compile the draw odds, since they have all the data. I have to ask why it matters if the odds come out now or in November...other than we are all impatient?
I am sure they will be out soon enough for us all to pore over for next year's applications.

I'm not complaining about the UDWR I was just wondering when they usually come out with the report. I like to make a spreadsheet with the data. It takes 4 or 5 hours to update my spreadsheet each year and it would be better if I get it done before school starts. It helps me to decided which hunt to put myself in for each year, as well as suggestions for family members and friends.

Dillon

www.dillonhoyt.com

littlebighorn, if you don't want to see them until November, that is fine. I for one would like them sooner. DWR knows how to do it, they are just a government bureaucracy and don't care.

Grizzly

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom