2012 tag numbers?

cantkillathing

Very Active Member
I am just wondering this, if the general units take a tag cutt, say it ends up being 10% or more do you think that the CWMU units should also take a cutt in tags?

Me personally I think any unit that takes atleast a 10% then the cwmu should also take 10%.

I that CWMU is hurting as bad as the general units I dont see why not. Wouldnt that be managing that unit? I dont think all the general units need to be cut eithier though. All depends on each unique situation I think.

be VERY careful when you bring up cutting tags on CWMU's....you will be given a lesson in stupidity from a MM member who has $$$$ on his mind. he will tell you how the program has saved the deer herds and is a model of how to manage our resources. it is all about the money for these guys and they will not happy if you threaten there pocket book, they are stealing our resources with very little in return. just remember last year 2010 when they cut the seasons back and shortened the season, they still got there 60 day season and full tag allotment.... 60 days????? give me a break....

I shouldn't have just used CWMU's but also the amount of tags they give landowners as well. There is some formula that is used to determine how many landowner tags that the DWR gives out.
I am just saying if the general public takes a cutt it needs to happen all over. If the public gets more tags then the cwmu should get more.

Manage it just like its it own unit. Most the time a cwmu has alot more deer then public. Why??? because they dont shoot every damn deer with antlers and most of them manage better then the public. so if the cwmu has more deer then kill more! Alot more game is killed on public land then cwmu's and if you look at it cwmu's have less tags to start with but alot more animals. Hmmm????
Go ahead and cut the cwmu tags. Landowners will pull out of the system, then do guided hunts tresspass, whatever, and then they can kill as many animals as they want without someone telling them how many tags they get. Is that a better way??? quality will go down on and around the cwmu. But then people would bit.ch because they dont control how many they can kill and the public isnt as good because the ex cwmu is now killing all the animals.
And if every cwmu pulled out of the program it still wouldnt mean the we could hunt it. landowners have figured out money is to be made with hunting.
So go hunt your public land, continue to kill everything that moves and continue to cry and blame it on the cwmu.

Land owners have figured how to make money in part of a 90 day season. Those prices would go down the drink with a nine day hunt. Everybody should sacrifice.

The CWMU have had there tags cut, Before they were in the system they could shoot all they wanted. Thats the big picture a lot of the CWMU land has been managed and watched and the tags have been reduced-It worked and now it's time the do what they know works. Cutting the tags on Units that are already managed??? As for a 90 season-I would like to see one place were the land owner lets you hunt the whole season. It doesn't happen-because it has been managed better then that.

I have a great idea lets all take our tents campers etc and go and put them on their land and protest we can call it the occupy cwmu movement and piss and crap all over their fences etc. than we can b--- and moan about guys being able to hunt on their properity and sale their tags for a profit to put back into their pockets. they pay taxes on the land and pay for signs fences etc. Do they get advatages yes but it gives guys a chance to hunt on a good unit and provides acess to private land that we would not be able to hunt on anyway.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom