2022 General bl tag lottery nixed.

Most of the feedback the division received was negative, according to Justin Shirley, director of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. He said 120 of 148 comments either "strongly or somewhat" disagreed with the idea.

Hunters wrote that the hunt was one of the last over-the-counter permits opportunities in the state and argued the division should fix the website instead. Some feared the division would never go back if it went to a draw or said it was a "money grab" by the division, Shirley said, reading off some of the comments. The idea also failed through all of the state's various Regional Advisory Councils, which Utah Wildlife Board Chairman Kevin Albrecht noted is rare.

Most of the feedback the division received was negative, according to Justin Shirley, director of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. He said 120 of 148 comments either "strongly or somewhat" disagreed with the idea.

Hunters wrote that the hunt was one of the last over-the-counter permits opportunities in the state and argued the division should fix the website instead. Some feared the division would never go back if it went to a draw or said it was a "money grab" by the division, Shirley said, reading off some of the comments. The idea also failed through all of the state's various Regional Advisory Councils, which Utah Wildlife Board Chairman Kevin Albrecht noted is rare.

120 out of 148 comments compared to how many tags were bought?

Hardly a representative sample I would think.

I've Been Thinking the Same Thing!

Do We Have a Mathematician here?

120 In How Many Total Hunters?

It's Been an Issue since Time Began!

Cam Somebody do the Math in a Percentage Figure?

120 out of 148 comments compared to how many tags were bought?

Hardly a representative sample I would think.

120 out of 148 is 81%.

Only the people that show up or comment count. If you can’t be bothered to take 3 minutes to submit an online comment, let alone go to a meeting, then your opinion doesn’t count. Posting on Monster Muley’s 7,000 times a week doesn’t count either!

They did at all the RAC's. But they recanted at the WB meeting and said they didn't support it.

So after telling all the RACs to support, and seeing how public comment was essentially 80/20, they changed course?

Goodness. What a noble effort on their part!

Or maybe it's really not an issue with the masses...

No. 140 is actually a ground swell.

I talk to legislators on a variety of subjects hunting, land related. I ask them all the time how many calls they've gotten.

It's usually a handful to a couple dozen.

The guys bow hunting the extended, owe a lot of that territory not being developed to the hippies at save our canyons, because they cared enough to actually call.

So after telling all the RACs to support, and seeing how public comment was essentially 80/20, they changed course?

Goodness. What a noble effort on their part!

They are pretty undecided when their isn't someone handing them cash to support something.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom