2024 Results

WesternSky

My results are showing my account.
1715718243944.png

Good luck to all.. may your luck be on your side unless you put in my draws then may your luck be unlucky

I swore I would have got a le bull tag with 0 points. :ROFLMAO: general deer for me. Hopefully there is a few mature bucks around.

My son turns 12 this summer so this will be his first year hunting big game in Utah and fortunately we have several hunts to go on.

My wife drew Bookcliffs muzzleloader deer.

We applied my son and my dad as a group and they drew Bookcliffs, Bitter Creek rifle pronghorn tags.

My son and I drew Zion gs early rifle tags. Applied seperately and both drew. I had 1 point he had 0. With the youth rifle tag rule he gets to hunt all the gs deer hunts on the unit.

Also going to get my son a youth general season any bull tag. Going to be a very fun busy season!!!

My 12 YO got the Youth Anybull tag!!! First year applying, been putting in his older brother for years (I also remember applying as a kid and never got shiz). I've killed a few in the general units so fingers crossed I can get him on one! Rest of us (wife, son, and myself) got zilch.

It’s official. Waited a long time for this. Door knobs & public places are strictly taboo starting 7/15. Not getting screwed again by some jackass dragging their sick kids around town spreading their love. One OIL tag pissed away is enuf.

IMG_1863.jpeg

Nice Job Zim!

Can you refresh Us On the getting screwed again by some jackass dragging their sick kids around town spreading their love?

It’s official. Waited a long time for this. Door knobs & public places are strictly taboo starting 7/15. Not getting screwed again by some jackass dragging their sick kids around town spreading their love. One OIL tag pissed away is enuf.

View attachment 145834

Nice Job Zim!

Can you refresh Us On the getting screwed again by some jackass dragging their sick kids around town spreading their love?
You don’t need the details. Just imagine waiting 26 years, going a full week early to scout, then contracting the worst virus in your life, coughing every 30 seconds for 5 full weeks. Energy drained for 5 weeks. Worst than Covid, which only layed me out ten days. Can you spell RUINED?

Last edited:
I Remember A Little About It Zim But Not All Of It!

You don’t need the details. Just imagine waiting 26 years, going a full week early to scout, then contracting the worst virus in your life, coughing every 30 seconds for 5 full weeks. Can you spell RUINED?

You don’t need the details. Just imagine waiting 26 years, going a full week early to scout, then contracting the worst virus in your life, coughing every 30 seconds for 5 full weeks. Can you spell RUINED?
Can you confirm for a fact you got sick from a jackass dragging his kids around town?

Or just an assumption?

Last edited:
I'm stoked! Henry ALW buck! Odds bounce around year to year and there were 5 nonresidents with more than my 28 deer points and 8 with me going in. I was hopeful, being that I was in the draw pool of 4 for 2 tags last year, 2 left for 2 tags this year if nobody else jumped in. The Henry Mountains were closed when I started on deer, was lucky enough to draw elk early into the points system. I don't really look at it as just waiting on that tag, I had plenty of good hunts in the building of those 28 points. Waiting isn't a huge deal to a nonresident who has other options. I have mixed feelings on the fairness of preference systems, but might as well take advantage of whatever system is in place. I honestly thought I would draw bison before deer, but preference doesn't help with the first tag going to get everyone in one tag hunts. Second and third going to max absolutely cleared the pools ahead and got me this tag. 1:3000+ to those nott in the max pool... I'm looking forward to the fall!!!

I can relate. Isolate yourself to a shack in the mountains until your archery hunt, then go alone until you shoot a deer. Wash your hands before and after, when near anything that looks civilized.

Couldn't shake mine until I went to the doctor after long suffering who told me that if I had gone longer I would have had full fledged pneumonia, :)

My unsuccessful on all species email came through at 2am this morning.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get an email from Wyoming awarding me an elk tag.🤞🤞🤞
Good luck on the WY tag. I’m hopeful for NV this year. We should start seeing some CC hits within the next 24 hours.

My brother has now been unsuccessful on134 applications in Utah. Admittedly this year we swung for the fences with tags in other states in pocket already so not a surprise. That number could easily grow to 200+ before he is able to draw a decent tag.

My brother has now been unsuccessful on134 applications in Utah. Admittedly this year we swung for the fences with tags in other states in pocket already so not a surprise. That number could easily grow to 200+ before he is able to draw a decent tag.
Gee whiz you think maybe he should change up his strategy a little?

25 NR points didn’t do it for Pauns muzz so the no scope thing didn’t help.. my 3 boys who all have 18 or more points didn’t draw anything either for deer. We all struck out on all other species.

Iowan, Earlier this year I added up all my applications since 1996. I stopped counting at 1,200. An interesting stat - with that number you’d think I’d hit on one longshot <1%. Nope. The closest I came was NH moose at 1.2%. After that best was like 5%. Think about that when you look at hunt lotteries these days. Sobering reality.

BTW - I’m a big fan of Iowa Bowhunter’s Assoc. I joined even though I live in Indiana and can rarely draw a deer tag. IBA is the most politically powerful archery assoc in the US. I greatly admire their hard work. Sitting on 6 points until my IL lottery luck expires.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom