22 AMMO IN YOUR AREA???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I went to Sportsmans Warehouse in Vernal this Morning!

1st thing that Pissed me off was they decided to start Opening at 10 A.M. instead of 9 A.M.!

There's an Hour I'll never get back!

Only about 15 people lined up out front!

Of Course,16 out of the 15 are headed directly for the 22 Ammo Shelf!

A couple people got a small box of 22 Bullets & that was it!

GEEZUS!

It's getting worse rather than better!

Even when you Luck out & get a chance to Buy some they Ration it out like it's Gold!

Just wondering what you other MM Whoreders are seeing in your neck of the woods with the 22 Ammo?

JUDAS!

Anybody wanna go in to Business & We'll start making it Ourselves?

JFP!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Walmarts got it 4-5 times a month round here, sure it's the same every where. Watch their website, know when they put it out and b there b4 they do.

LOL DW!

The Boys at the Store said the Manufactures of the Ammo just Ain't been sending them SQUAT!

They did ask me if I was Whoreding the Ammo?

I said:Hell No!

You gotta be able to Buy it before you can Whored it!

PM me if you need some BC. A retailer here has some boxes of 525 Remington Copper-coated, mushroom points. $49.95 per box. I think there too pricy but...........

DC

Thanks Lumpy!

I'm OK on 22 Bullets!

Just been buyin a few here & there for My Nephews so they can shoot their Guns!

You'd Think this Ammo Scare would Die Down after a fashion!

Gotta Thank Obama once again!

I picked up a brick of 325 for 18.99 the other day. You just have to be there when they come in.

I travel'd up north to Orem last week and stopped in Gunnies...

A bit pricy, But quite a few .22 LR shells ...

Plenty of .22 magnums as-well----Which is what I needed worse.

Spent a hundered dollar bill on shells, Im good for a while.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Bess, I have over 6,000 rounds of 22lr ammo. Most I paid for them was around 21 bucks per 500. Majority was 17-19 bucks per 500 at Cabelo's outside of Reno. I saw it coming and stocked up 1-2 thousand at a time every trip going to Reno when Obama first got elected. Did have about 10,000, but those grandkids have been shooting it up every time they come over for a visit.

RELH

I have a farm out here in the middle of nowhere with ground squirrels. Once they won't take the poison anymore we start shooting, I can't find any at all around here. I usually go through 10,000 rounds a year between the long rifles and the hmr, the rats are going to get ahead of us if this keeps up.

They make some really nice pellet rifles that will take care of rats, mice and rabbits. Plus pellets are easy to find.

I have been shopping for .22 LR since Oct. 2013. In all that time I have managed to purchase 2 cartons of 325 at sportsman's warehouse in Phoenix. I go in every Saturday morning that I am not doing anything.

I purchased two .22 rifles from Cabela?s and couldn't shoot them for 13 months because I had no ammo. I even wrote them and questioned how they could sell a gun but not provide the ammo that goes with it. They wrote back and said the manufacturers are producing as much as they used to but too many people are hoarding the stuff.

I once stood in line at Cabela?s at 4:00 am just to get a brick. I was not there soon enough and didn't get any. They only had 200 bricks and limited each customer to one.

The irony of it all? Now that I have some .22 ammo I'm afraid to shoot it. Kind of like the Seinfeld episode when Elaine can't find her birth control being sold anymore. I now must ask myself if it is "sponge worthy" to shoot. I save it for the boys to shoot on squirrel hunts or plinking in the spring.

It's there at regular retail price it just takes a little more homework than b4.

$0.10 a shot is a "good" price now days. I've bought some online, but haven't seen a bulk pack on the shelf in a store in UT in almost 2 years.

Dax

I just did an inventory on my ammo supply and have 6500 rounds of.22 LR. Some of the 500 round bricks have price tags of $9.99 on them. Those were the days.

Nvhrt maybe you should get a rifle chambered in 22Hornet and start reloading.You can make 223 brass bullets out of spent 22lr cases if you are really ambitious.Simplest thing to do is get a 22 cal Condor air rifle.

Maybe our best bet is to look for Estate Sales. The surviving wife might not be aware of the value.:)

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I was going to make a wisecrack about whoreding being illegal but this issue is too serious. If the price comes down I think the whoreding will get even worse!
J_T_B

Got a shooter in Gunnison County who gets a PALLET every 6 months. Sells it by the case (5000rds) for $360 7.2 cents a round...Those damn hoarders...if it weren't for them I would have more then the 20,000 rds I have on hand....

Quit cussin me I dole it out to kids.. and dads who were not ready!

I do not think the real problem is "hoarders". Just take a look at Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, and your gun shows and see the amount of scalpers that are selling 22lr bricks from 50 to 75 bucks a brick of 500. They are getting the ammo and I would not be surprised if they have friends working for the big box stores that call them when a shipment is due. Also I would not be surprised if some of those big box store employees are holding the ammo back until their friend can get there to buy it and turn around and resell for a good profit.
Another factor is that ATF has reported a big surge in gun buying for the past 3 years due to our super salesman in the Whitehouse. Many thousands of those gun buyers are buying their first guns for home defense and I bet a lot of them are buying less expensive 22 cal. handguns and rifles as their first gun. They are also out there buying ammo that they never bought before they purchased their first new gun.

RELH

Was quite a bit available on line this am at cabelas. If u have a store nearby in store shipping is free, u can order a little everyday (1 box limit/day) pick it up once a month. Just another option

I haven't been looking for a while. The last time I bought any was several years ago when I bought 5000 rounds of CCI Mini Mag Hollow Points. I thought they would last a while but my 16 year old son goes through them like Marshawn Lynch goes through Skittles.

What Really gets me is:

They Ration them out in PISSCUTTER Boxes of 50 like they are Gold & like they're doing you some kinda Favor at Ridiculous Prices!

There's only 2 kinds of Business's that have actually liked the JOKER Slick voted in!

The Companies making the Ammo!

And The Stores that are Selling it to us/Ripping us off!

Ya!

Thanks Slick!

The vault gun and pawn in Cedar city Utah has 22 ammo in stock most of the time the past two months. they have some in right now. its armscor 22 ammo. 36gr hollow point. selling by the bricks of 500 for 50$ pretty pricey but its great ammo. 1350 velocity also. That's where I get most of my ammo.

Calibers on Coor's has some.
@ $5.00 per 50.
They let me get two hundred rounds of CCI.
We ain't gonna see the price come down anytime soon!!!
Pellet rifle's and small centerfire is looking better and better. Don't forget the olde scattergun. Last summer I would cruise thru the local dog town. Little guys would run for their hole. Then stick their head out up to the eyeball.
That was enough for a load of #8s.
Later
Foghorn

I have picked up 2100 rounds from Cal ranch in the last couple days. 1 box (300 or 325) per household is there rule per day, but i still managed to score a couple a day. it took me 6 months to get 5 boxes of 50 from smith and Edwards stopping a couple days a week and in a few days i am finally able to actually plan a day of plinking with my new rifle from last year.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

One big problem is Gun brokers are selling it to secondary buyers who double the price.
My local gun dealer showed the catalog for Vegas which didn't include .22 ammo. B.S.

We still get them at Walmart for the same pricing as before it all got started. You have to have their APP so you can find out when they are getting shipments.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I've been gettin the same info of their website gator. It's updated at midnight and I know which stores gettin what. Normal pricing they get it 4-5 times a month or more.

Yep
They been stocking the shelves at 7 am, BUT they are changing that up now too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

They're all different here some at 7am some 8am some 6pm, and sometimes it depends who's workin in sporting goods that day!

That's as cheap as I've heard it comin off of gun broker. It's typically minimum bid $100/1000

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-15 AT 05:20PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-15 AT 05:20?PM (MST)

I see it enough that I don't buy it everytime I see it. The local walmart stalks it every Monday morning. The local big 5 stocks it every Friday morning. I have seen it everytime I have been to bass pro's the last 2 months. A couple of the smaller sporting good stores have it a couple times a month. Do a search on ammoseek and you will find plenty of it in stock online. The scare seems to be coming to an end.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom