30A BUCK TAG

dillonmt

I have been hunting unit 30A for the last couple weeks and am seeing very few bucks and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for the unit? I spent a lot of time scouting and saw very few bucks even during the summer. I hate to ask for any insider info but Im just not turning up any decent bucks and didn't think it would hurt to ask for some help.
Maybe this unit doesn't hold much for bucks either way I would appreciate the help. thanks

It's not just you but many units are not producing many bucks. I have been hunting unit 31 and have only seen 2 does. Sad as I have always, at least, have seen a spike or fork horn but WOW, nothing. Lots of elk but no deer.

There can be some good bucks in that Unit but I believe it's actually a very poor mule deer area. I believe the Fish and Game went to permits in that unit because it held very few deer. With the few tags available, the drawing odds were poor which people interpreted as a trophy unit (understandably). I've hunted it quite a bit for elk and never have seen a decent buck in there, although one acquaintance did snap a photo of a nice 170ish buck in there 7 or 8 years ago. It's just a hard hunt. Best of luck to you.

Looks like the success on the controlled hunt was 61% in 2017, and 44% in 2018. You are going to have to hunt hard.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom