61 3rd Season Deer...........

Hammnit

So after 10 years of applying, I finally was able to pull a 3rd season deer tag for 61. My dad and his friends have hunted this in the past, but this was prior to 2006. I'm curious what I can expect since it sounds like things have gotten a little tougher since then.

Thanks,
Hammnit

Personally I would have saved your points for 21 second season (consolidate your points with a buddy).. but being as you drew I wish you luck!

Hopefully the Colorado boys will hook you up with some good info!

Maybe it is just me but I cannot wait until hunting season this year.. everyday the hikes increase and my thoughts drift away from work and getting in the backcountry!

The better bucks have been coming out of 62 the last couple of years. Still should be a great hunt. Hunt the pinyons in the northwest corner. Best of luck.

I'm hoping this isn't the case this coming year.
Thanks for the info.
Hammnit

PS.Doesn't 62 give way more tags than 61?

you can pm me if you want more info for deer in 61. i saw a real nice non typical over 200" last year elk hunting. Dale

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom