6pts for elk

muzzhunter

Thinking of maybe burning my elk points in Colorado next year and thought I better start researching now. Anyone have any advise on a unit with good elk numbers and a chance at a 300+ bull w/ 6pts? I would likely be hunting with a muzzleloader, but would consider a rifle hunt if it were better. Pm me if you'd like and we can discuss the units I have been looking into. I know there aren't many units in this points range so my options are limited. I just don't want to wait a bunch more years for a 300 inch bull.
Thanks,
Dave

If you are a resident you should consider units 40 or 76. I have seen some giant elk on Bosque Del Oso SWA in the late season but I have no idea what is in there during the muzzleloader season. Just some ideas. The DOW website has a document that tells you how many preference points each hunt requires. If you are a nonresident you will not draw any of these tags. There are very few opportunities for a nonresident with 6 points. http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/BigGame/Statistics/

Unit 76 is a great unit with alot of 300 bulls. I live close to the unit and get to see alot of elk during the summer months. If you are interested in talking write back and we can get in touch.

I'd love to hunt 76, but I am a non resident and it would still take quite a few years before I would be able to draw. Thanks for the offer though. I should have mentioned my non resident status in the original post.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom