7 Point Deer Dilemma

Ticks N Tines

Very Active Member
I will have 7 points for deer going into the draw next year. I want to draw in the next 2-3 years for sure. The sooner the better.

I serve on the CWMU committe and I have several friends that guide on CWMUs in Northern Utah. I know the program well and some of the properties pretty well too.

I don't know the LE units very well, but I can learn quick.

My question is this: What do I do with my 7 points?

This question has been lingering in my mind the whole year. Last year I took my big bull and now I want to put a big buck on the wall. When I say big I mean a 170+ Buck. I hunt hard and will do just about anything to find the big one.

I have looked at odds several times and I have some units and CWMUs in mind but I just wanted to see everyone's opinion and why.

What would you do and why?

Thanks,

Matt

When you figure it out Matt let me know so I can copy you the following year. Im sitting on the same problem and leaning towards a bow hunt in the books or Vernon at the moment.

I don't want an archery tag. I love archery, but when I get my tag I want to get it done. I'm open to the muzzy hunts and the rifle hunts.

Hornyman,
Why don't we just apply together? Get your butt back to this continent and we will do some huntin. If I had someone to apply with, I would probably put in for the book cliffs muzzy. With 7 points I'm not too far off from drawing that one.

If you've got an "in" on a CWMU I would say that is your best bet. Having somebody that knows the unit, and how to hunt it is invaluable.

2a0fcsk.gif

I would put in for either the book cliffs or Vernon another good option would be the Crawford muzzy good luck.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom