70" Alaskan Moose back from Taxi

BearCat

Just thought I would throw up a few pictures as I got my moose back.

Thanks
BearCat

At the Taxidermst's shop
5244dsc01195.jpg

At home
6556dsc01200.jpg

4554dsc01201.jpg

The Boys!
992dsc01203.jpg

Thanks guys!!!

It has taken quiet a few years to get these three, but all of the hunts have been worth it and with great people!

Wished I could do it all over again!!.

Still have one more that I would like to get and that is a big old Stag from New Zealand, but not sure that is in the cards for awhile if ever.

Thanks again
D

Yup, that's a trophy bull for sure!
Congrats again.

Zeke

PS: I've got one just like it.... minus about 20" LOL

Throw it up Zeke!!

I am starting to get the moose bug and I am not sure why because they are so blasted big you can not do much except stare at them. I guess they are so unique and BIG. I was in total shock at the pure size of these brutes!!!

D

The moose which I referenced is a Canadian moose. I shot him on a Stone sheep hunt in 2003 as an add-on.

He looked great to me so I shot him (after I harvested my Stone).

I'll have to get the tape out again but as I remember he tapes out at over 50" or so.

The hunt was long enough ago that folks prob would rather see more current stuff. well.. second thought, I might try to figure it out and post the sheep and the moose both.

Thanks, Zeke

heck ya!!

I have not seen it!!! We should make this a POST YOUR MOOSE PICTURES thread!!!

Does not matter your size.

BearCat

I'll try to figure out how to do it. I've only posted pics of my daughters desert ram before.

My son killed a moose in Wyo with his bow a couple years ago. I'll post also.

Darn technology, I'm getting too old for this! LOL

Zeke

Thanks Rackman!

I have several rooms that the wife allows me access to, the living room, my den, quest bathroom, son's room, family room, bedroom, and game room in the basement. Off limits are my daughter's room, her scrapbook room, and her nail salon ha ha.

I try and let it not get too bad, but she has told me only 4 in the living room so I only have room for my red stag someday.

I guess I am not as bad as some guys but worse than others.

BearCat

Thanks everyone for your kind words!! He is a great moose in my opinion. He does not have huge paddles or anything, and I am sure some would have passed him up. But my friend and I had a GREAT trip and ended up with my first bull moose--what more can I guy ask more! The pictures do not do him justice that is for sure and when he was on the ground next to my bull (370) I could not believe the size difference--they are truly giants.

I do not have the space in my house for a "trophy room" so I have a few mounts scattered throughout the house--those are in my living room.

Anyway Happy New Years!

Dean, wow, that was a fast turn around at the taxidermy shop.

He looks tremendous on the wall! Heck, he is tremendous! One of the most awesome trophies I've ever seen. And the story behind that hunt matches the antlers.

I really like those recessed panels on the wall. Perfect for displaying mounts.

Eel

it's not a 40 incher but it's closer than the last 40 incher you posted....

JB

Thanks everyone!!

So he ended up scoring 208 1/8! Not a monster by scoring terms, but still impressive and I am very happy!!

Happy New Years Everyone!

BearCat

rmanwill,

Yeah we were shopping around a few years ago for a new house and had one picked out, but when we walked into Sage's model home at the time and saw the cutout we knew this would be the one. I wish that the living room was a bit bigger not because we need the room, but it would have spaceed the mounts further away from the sitting area so they would be easier to see.

I have a lot of room for mounts, but my wife keeps pretending that she is going to leave me if I put anymore in. So far she has just been posturing a bit or I have not reached the magical mark. She says if new one comes in, and old one leaves--so over time I have to put them in her craft room, bathrooms, kid's bedroom. Sooner or later she will cave!!!

Thanks! My Basement is my pride and joy since I built it.

D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom