87 Deer Tags

Chief5r1

Hey Everyone. My dad and I cashed in our max points for deer tags in 87. My dad is getting up there so I wanted to go hunting. Never been there but I hear good and bad. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much!

BTW I’m not a new member. I have been a member since 08 I just can’t remember my stuff cause I changed jobs and got a new email lol.

Ive never deer hunter it my self but ive spent plenty of time in it hunting other animals. It demands some time just like any area to find the top tier animals

If you bow hunt, watch for snakes. The Miracle Mile area does not only have a million fish per square mile, but has a million rattlesnakes per square mile. I got a couple antelope tags for the area, so should be another fun year in the area.

As far as the area you have 3 choices - Sage Brush, Steep Ass Ferris Mountains, and Steep Ass Seminoe Mountains and all hold deer.

It shouldn't be a problem getting away from people and scoring a deer. The Type of deer that you are willing to settle with, well that is up to you.

Also, GPS Chip / OnX Maps because of funky land boundaries.

+1 on the snakes, use some care. We used to hunt archery antelope in both 62 and 63. Would see lots of them every season. It doesn't have to be really warm either, as long as there is sun on the rocks.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom