9 year old girl shoots Range Instructor

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
With Uzi....Nice to know Idaho is letting kids one year older than that hunt. Let kids grow up until they can handle weapons.

Your are right, but there is many states that let children hunt younger than that... Some states,if the child can pass the hunter safety coarse, he or she can hunt... no age requirements

Comparing this to a youth big game hunt is a bit of a stretch. Unless they are hunting with a sub gun on full auto.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

RE: True 1911

I slowly introduced my son to firearms . red rider , then pump pellet gun , single shot 22 , single shot 410 , and just recently bolt action 243 . He has learned well at 11 years old . I would have NEVER considered having him fire a full auto anything , much less an UZI . I believe that starting 'em young will help drive home the safety aspect , with proper supervision of course . When I joined the Marine Corps we had approximately 75% of our platoon that had NEVER handled a weapon . First day at the range with those guys was one of the few times Iv been afraid for my life !

Very sad deal for sure, but that kid shouldn't have been shooting that gun. Didn't look safe to me at all in the video. Just a boneheaded thing for an adult to OK. It's similar to letting a 9 year old ride around on a full sized ATV. Most us have probably seen that. Accident waiting to happen!

That poor little girl has to live with it. Accident or not, it never leave her mind.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Girl should not have been handling an uzi set on auto.

What that has to do with youth hunts I have no clue.

I feel better hunting with kids than some adults I have seen.

Kids will listen to you , adults wont.

My son killed his first buck at 8 years old and had more hunts under his belt by 11 than a lot of guys that call themselves hunters.

It is all about instruction and judgement.

There are ways for a competent instructor to *properly* help a kid shoot a select fire weapon. This guy should have know about the inherent muzzle jump and realize that kids don't have that knowledge.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom