A little bit of cardiac potluck...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...for Tuesday night's sup. Made up a seasoned batter and then used it on three items -- left over pork loin cut into 1/2" thick medalions, some calamari cut into rings and on canned crab meat made into mini cakes. They were all deep-fried -- first the pork, then the crab, followed by the calamari. I also reheated the leftover potato/hot link dish. Used a sprinking of Louisiana Hot Sauce on the fried goodies, even tho I had mixed in some of the Huy Fong chile/garlic sauce in the batter.

And yes, lumpy, same oil yet, and it has been cleaned again for more use.

Pork upper left, crab next to it & some of the calamari at the bottom.

potluck.JPG

potluck2.JPG

Since the pork was already cooked, I had to be careful. So I just let it fry until the batter browned. Surprisingly, it was still moist & tender.

I'm leaning toward a pot of chili tonight.

...for Tuesday night's sup. Made up a seasoned batter and then used it on three items -- left over pork loin cut into 1/2" thick medalions, some calamari cut into rings and on canned crab meat made into mini cakes. They were all deep-fried -- first the pork, then the crab, followed by the calamari. I also reheated the leftover potato/hot link dish. Used a sprinking of Louisiana Hot Sauce on the fried goodies, even tho I had mixed in some of the Huy Fong chile/garlic sauce in the batter.

And yes, lumpy, same oil yet, and it has been cleaned again for more use.

Pork upper left, crab next to it & some of the calamari at the bottom.

View attachment 50711

View attachment 50712
I believe ya ODW, it’s my wife that has OCD! I got to pick my battles cautiously.

Your creation is inspired, as always.

Somebody said, “A picture’s worth a thousand words.”
Then show this to the wifie. This was after the 4th use for frying battered stuff, including 3 different things on the 4th use. Photo shot after straining the oil after that use. The darkness at the bottom is merely the black stovetop showing through the plastic container.

usedoil.JPG

Do you start out with canola oil? I generally use peanut oils, for a little higher temp and it is about that color to start.

Yes, it was canola. The photo makes it look a darker orangey yellow than it really is, no doubt because of the warmer incandescent light of the microwave light over top.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom