accu tip vs. accu bond

need4x4

Are these (two type) type bullets the same? Accu tip is marketed under remington logo, I wondered if they are the same as accubond?

If not, what are they similar to as far as bullets?

Thanks

The remington accu tip is a hornady sst. Not quite as stout as the accubond, but better than a ballistic tip in my opinion.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

ive been bouncing back and forth between these two out of a 270WSM. the 140gr accubond performs flawlessly, but out of a bench rest, i get much better long range groups out of the accutip. i was getting a sub 6 inch group at 600 yards with the remington factory ammo and knocked down 3 critters with the accutip this year. All 3 shots hit bone and the accutip destroyed the shoulders and spines without coming apart. Last year i hit a bull elk in the spine with the accubond and dropped it in its tracks. so in my experience, both work just fine, but the accutip (SST) seems to fly a little better at long range. but at 300 yards and under, its hard to pick between the two...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom