Aldrich No. 1 Sheep

Congrats on getting the tag! As mentioned above, go to the orientation, we did last year when my son drew the Lookout Mt bighorn tag and was worth every minute!

muleyman

Lucky dog.

There was a major fire there last year and I know it ran lots of sheep out, we saw more than normal in Black Canyon on the Ochoco side last fall.

I would expect most have returned but I'd do some serious scouting before season, Jackass Creek is a main area. your main access will be from the river and from the lookout , Cabbage Patch is a good camp spot.

Stay thirsty my friends

Thanks for the information. I plan on attending the orientation in July. I will do some scouting over the 4th. I am a bit concerned about the quantity and quality of mature rams. From what I have been hearing, there are a lot of sheep but few good rams.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-15 AT 05:47PM (MST)[p]Numbers are down too from what I hear, and you're correct they're not the biggest rams in the state.

Still you should do fine if you're willing to put in the time. if it's real hot when you're scouting look on the north side it's kind of hard to glass because of the timber but they spend time there.

Enjoy the snakes they're not hard to find in there there in July.

Stay thirsty my friends

Back
Top Bottom