Another Rage Broadheads Post

scopenstalk

I shot the G5 striker last year and was happy with it but this year i think i am going to just shoot my rage 3 blades for everything. How many of you would be brave enough to shoot a rage at cow and spike elk? just want some input good or bad.

My bull from this year went about 30 yards and he was throwing out blood from a massive hole made by a Rage 3 blade.
013.jpg

Scopenstalk

Are you planning on being in a ground blind or tree stand? This would be the only way I would use a Rage for hunting. Trying to stalk with a Rage is asking for trouble as the blades pop out so easily when sneaking through the brush. Blew a shot at a nice deer because the blades were dangling when I drew the bow. I would stick with your G5?s. I have not tried the EPEK yet but I do have them on order/back order. I am excited to try them.

GBA

I used the Rage 2-blades on a deer a few years ago and was very impressed. On archerytalk.com there were some comments about them not doing the job on elk, I dont know if I would want to try it out. If you do then let us know how it goes.

I have seen buddies have multiple problems with these gimmicky heads ie; Rage, Tekan- where the blades deploy in the quiver, etc, etc.

Heck, I work too hard to get a shot. Last thing I want to worry about in the heat of the moment is my broadhead.
Yes, I shoot a fixed head and with some tuning it groups with my FPs out to 50 yards [as far as I have tested]

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences"
Robert Green Ingersoll

I have this same question posted at the NAHC archery board. I didn't know but some states like NY are banning the 3-bladed Rage due to the fact they consider this head to be barbed which is illegal. You guys might want to check the rule book for each state you plan to hunt in before you use the 3-blade.
7 Mag

I used the Rage three blade this past season and was very impressed in terms of penetration, blew through my buffalo but the blades do seem to come out easy. I found you really need to push the blades to get them to lock on the Oring. I like the broadhead and plan to use them again this season.

Jerad

My bro uses rage 2 blade and has taken a black bear, 5x5 bull,several deer without any problems at all. Seems to leave a big blood trail, at least with the critters he's shot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom