Antelope flagging?

sageman

My first time hunting Antelope. I have read a lot about flagging will it still work or have they seen it enough over the years to ignore it?

I assume you are talking archery hunting. It might work but a decoy is much better. Be careful with a decoy on public land in rifle season.

If you are rifle hunting, use good optics and do the low crawl.

Best of luck.

Flagging has worked to get their attention but a decoy has brought them in close enough for the bow... for me, at least.

I'd use neither for rifle hunting!

Zeke

Decoys work well. Not just antelope but cow and horse decoys, will get you much closer. I've also moved in as close as I can without being seen. I stop where the brush is high enough to somewhat conceal myself, and then grind my boots into the ground. The grinding must sound like a buck making a scrape, because if the herd buck can hear it, he comes running. I've had them come to within 20 yards, and just stand there and stare. My oldest daughter got her first antelope buck at about 20 yards when I used this technique.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom