Antelope hunt result

mulecreek

Very Active Member
Had a nice hunt this year. I waited until late in the season for a few different reasons. Goats were in big herds and had clearly been shot at, a lot. Found a low ridge that ran through a large flat. Spent the morning walking down the ridge glassing the herds, looking for a goat I liked and that was stalkable. After looking over dozens of bucks I found this buck that tripped my trigger. Shot him from 216 yards while bedded. Never done that before. Given the area is covered with well pad roads, I was able to walk back to the truck and drive to within 50 yards of him. 14.5" long, not much for mass or prongs, decent width. Should make a good looking euro mount.

56242img0715.jpg

95910img0718.jpg

We cut him up on Sunday and the wife turned all of him into pepperoni and Italian sausage yesterday. It has been a successful year for me and I have plenty of steaks and burger so we thought we would try something a little different.

Pretty buck. I love the late dark capes. Nothing better than a good Antelope hunt !

Great buck, congrats. Are you a resident Mule Creek?

If I had to move I think Wyoming would be my first or second choice. I've always been jealous of the residents that do antelope hunts after work and are back home by dark with one in the back of their truck.

>Great buck, congrats. Are you a
>resident Mule Creek?
>
>If I had to move I
>think Wyoming would be my
>first or second choice. I've
>always been jealous of the
>residents that do antelope hunts
>after work and are back
>home by dark with one
>in the back of their
>truck.

I am, have been off and on for the last 20 years. Would not trade Wyoming for any other state. My only regret about this antelope hunt was that my boys, 10 and 8, were not with me on this. We went out a few times this season, but never did successfully complete a stalk with them along. I did not want to take a goat from the truck, particularly with them along, and stalking a goat with three noisy people can be an adventure. With work, school, football, hockey and other hunts having them along before the season ended just didn't work out.

However, I still have a whitetail tag and we should be hunting Sunday afternoon after their last hockey game.

Nice goat. I also waited until late in the season and it was nice, cooler weather and I never saw another hunter.

Unbelievable number of pronghorn this year. not sure if it's always like that but it seems like tag numbers could go up next year.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Beautiful buck. I absolutely love Wyoming it's my favorite state to hunt. If I don't draw an elk tag next fall I am planning on a antelope hunt.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

That buck is tall and real wide with nice ivory tips that should make a very nice euromount---Congrats!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom