Antelope hunters

swampmule

I need some information, help. And no I do not want to know your favorite hunting spot. It has taken me forty years on and off to draw the tag.
And I don't have another forty years so I have to make this tag count
How do you hunt them do you just drive the roads or do you look for certain areas? Do you just hunt water holes or is there more?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Kelly

Use the Idaho hunt planner for some basic info. Try to call the district IDFG office and see if there is a biologist who will talk to you. Most units you can drive around and get a general idea of where most of them are. If there is a lot of private and ag ground, see if you can get permission to hunt. They usually have some depredation issues.
In the heat of summer, they need about a gallon of water a day so they either go to a water hole or irrigation. They are creatures of habit so look for slides under fences. Be out before sunrise with the sun at your back. Glass a lot, they show up like bright copper pennies or white dots. Good luck!!

It's not rocket science. Lotta roads in those units. Cover some ground scouting for a good buck or find a high point to glass from and then plan your stalk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom