Antelope Recipes

B

bullseye

Anyone out there have any good recipes for Antelope

Sausage, Jerky ETC

Thanks

BILL

I have eaten (or tried to) a number of bucks over the years.

Secrets I have learned are as follows:

1) Get them gutted as quicky as possibly

2) Get them skinned and cooled out as quickly as possible

3) DO NOT let hair contaminate the meat for very long. I have read that 1 hair can contaminate 1 cubic cm of meat, and I believe it. Pick (and wash) hairs off ASAP.

4) Cook over open coals having soaked in Worcestershire (both sides) for the day before.

This is the best big game meat I have ever tasted, including goats from NV, WY and UT.

Good stuff.

i like pronghorn cut and cooked just like deer and elk. slice steaks thin. 1/4" to 3/8" thick. flop em in flour, put a little salt and pepper on em and fry em well done. to me, anything with garlic makes game taste spoiled. game has a lot of flavor, it isn't "strong" or "gamey", it has a lot of flavor. so slice it thin. marinades, garlic, meat tenderizer, liquid smoke, all that crap does is covers up that great flavor. try taking the round steaks, from the hams, and making cube steaks out of them and cooking the same way. salt, a little pepper and flop them in flower, and always fry it well done. don't much care for pronghorn on the grill either. too dry. my wife takes pronghorn burger and breads and fries it like chicken fried steak. grate up some potatos and make some gravy and you've got a meal worth fighin' for. keep it simple and forget all that city folk stuff.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom