Antelope unit 20

There's plenty of public land where you might be able to find what you want. Get good detailed maps showing all the roads and contact the county to find out what roads they maintain that are legal access to the public land. It's a huge unit with very diverse terrain from over in the east all the way up to the NF high elevations in the northwest part of the unit. I've seen antelope all the way up along the western boundary of 20 along Hazelton Road.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-15 AT 10:12AM (MST)[p]+1 Get and use a GPS and stay out of trouble if in doubt.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

On what little land you can access that actually holds antelope be prepared for a lot of company:) I was there last year about a week after that unit opened and I've never seen so many pumpkins in the field - luckily I was hunting just down the road from there.

You will probably find some antelope but its going to be crowded - good luck!

Thanks for the reply's guys!
Being a resident of Wyoming and not drawing an antelope tag were I first applied for I went on the search in the leftover area's for a hunt that didn't coincide with any of my other hunts this year. Knowing that this is a leftover unit with mostly private land I am prepared for both the Hunters and the private property. Last year I purchased a Garmin Oregon GPS and put the OnXMaps Chip in it, and I love it. I don't leave home without it.... I also have been to my local BLM office and purchased all 4 maps that make up this area.. HAHA, I have stared at them for hours now (I don't think you can ever look enough) and I have a pretty good idea of were I would like to hunt. But with that being said I have also read a lot on-line about the Area (Primarily Gardner Mountain) and a lot of reads say that access to this country in almost completely land locked. That is were my question mostly steams from I guess. TOPGUN, you are correct about the diversity of the land, it looks like beautiful country and I am excited to explore it. We will be sure to take your advice and spend some time near the Hazelton road. We wont be anywhere near this part of the country when the opener does hit, we are looking at coming in November some time. I would guess that it will be busy but not like the first 3 weeks. I am sure we will also be contending with the weather this time of year so we will be prepared for that as well. Looking forward to exploring another part of this great state!!!

Thanks again for the info guys!

Make sure you have CHAINS FOR ALL TIRES...once the weather changes and it rains or snow melts.....one big ass GOOEY MESS.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom