antlerless hunts

BeDawg

Looking for some antlerless hunts for the wife. She has expressed some interest in hunting and I would like to provide her with a fun hunt that is not to hard. She thinks she is tough but if she hunts like I do (wilderness) miles into the backcountry etc..., it will simply kill her and her desire to go.

I am a Utah resident and have a great idea about some public land hunting for antlerless during the bowhunt. My problem is I do not do any scouting during the antlerless any weapon times at all because they are late season. Therefore do not know what to expect. If these hunts were for me and there was public land I could be very successful. Being as this hunt is for her, I would like it to be as laid back as possible. So any ideas? I am open to the possibility of any species too. CWMU's that are reasonable would be great also! You can PM me if you would like.

Its fun to get the wife out there hunting! Cow elk tags on "easy" units or units with lots of elk and lots of public land usually aren't easy to draw and will take a few years of points. Many elk move onto private ground once the shooting starts and they hang out there until the season ends.

To acquire doe deer or antelope tags you will need points. She may get lucky as some do every year but it usually takes a few points to draw doe tags.

Now... if you are looking to go the route of a CWMU and want to pay $$$ for a tag, don't be surprised when the bidding begins at $1,000 or higher for cow elk. Very few CWMU's offer doe deer/antelope tags but maybe Deseret would be a unit to look into if you wanted to buy her a tag.

Hopefully she can draw or buy a tag and have a fun hunt.

There are a few hunts I have been looking at. I just know from my experience how hard it is to just see elk on the units that I usually hunt. These units usually take alot of boot leather and about a day on average before you can find one.

One of my friends drew a CWMU last year and they put on about 8 miles of hiking around before they finally found a herd at the end of the day.

We might just go on a scouting hike. I am still open to suggestions.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom