Any Rifle Bull Hunters this Wknd?

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
I'm getting everything prepped and ready to roll out on this Thursday.

Heading up to the North Slope/Flaming Gorge area.

Had a blast on the bow hunt part of my Multi Season Any Bull hunt.

Robb

IMG_8783.jpg

The Crown bag keeps the lock from rubbing the paint on the trlr and it really helps keep moisture out of the lock channel when traveling in stormy weather.

Plus, it's fun to MT the bottles for use of the bags......

Rifles are packed up and ready to load today under the shell of the JPGladiator.

Robb

IMG_7133.jpg

Last edited:
Wish you luck. But I think you are missing A LOT of gear. My trailer is always jammed packed!! Looking back it amazes me that I use to hunt out of a backpack for a week or two. Now I think I could hire a semi to haul all my gear. ???

It's just a 5 x 8 trlr so it all fits just fine.

I have really cut back on all the chit I don't use or need though.

My harvesting worry is if a Mnt. Lion comes along and I fill my Spot-n-Stalk tag, but if I have the .45/70!

That will be one hell of an exit hole to patch up for my taxi!

Get a good workout in this morning, hit Kents for ice, fill the cooler, hook-up, is about all I have left.

Yes, I do have a drain on the cooler that exit's out the floor, good eye to those that reach out to me.

Good luck Everyone,

Robb

IMG_7077.jpg

Always thought about putting a small freeze in the front of the trailer box and mount a small generator on the trailer tongue.
Keep food frozen and raise temperature to keep meat cool on trip home.

“It's just a 5 x 8 trlr so it all fits just fine.

I have really cut back on all the chit I don't use or need though.”

Nothing worse than a minimalist convert to shame the rest of us.

All the best Robb!

“It's just a 5 x 8 trlr so it all fits just fine.

I have really cut back on all the chit I don't use or need though.”

Nothing worse than a minimalist convert to shame the rest of us.

All the best Robb!
And to top that off he drives a Jeep. The bed and cabin of my ‘one seater’ crew cab are stuffed also.

After I got rid of my 2010 F350 and the Toyhauler, I went to taking only what I use/needed and the lil 5 x 8 trlr work's great on both my Jeeps

It's gotten so organized and simple that; laundry goes right into the clothes RMEF luggage, from the dryer and I just have to swap out weapons for which ever hunt/state I'm heading to.

Robb

IMG_7305.jpg

IMG_8787.jpg

The hunt was a blast, the Full moon was so dang bright, I didn't even turn on a headlamp to cruise in the morning dark.

I ran into sheep hunter that had the Rocky Ram tag over across the Gorge on BareTop mnt. he was glassing from the Red Canyon Visitor Center lookout, and we had a nice chat and he stopped by my lodging that day to go over my big maps of the area in 3-Corners.

I actually hiked up on this Ewe and her Twin lambs earlier that same morning but on this side of the Gorge (Sheep Creek Unit) while scouting for elk for the morning Opener.

IMG_8947.jpg

IMG_8946.jpg

How does that saying go ~~ Don't turn down the first morning what ya would shoot the last morning.... haha

I had glassed a small herd of elk the morning before and there where 2 small Raggy bulls and 1 decent bigger 5 x 5 bull with some cows/calves. I mean this is an OTC General unit that gets hammered!

I had to play the wind that opening morning as it wasn't the normal morning direction.

Prolly about 0735, I saw movment in the thick Ponderosa Pines and 1 of the lil Raggy 5 x 4/5? bull came out about 60-70 yards and he kept looking back so I had him in the scope of my .45/70 but I swung my scope behind him to see if he was looking back for the bigger 5 x 5.

He started to walk off and I couldn't get a good aim on him and then he went down a small ravine, I took off to look into the ravine and I never saw him??

I should-a- just shot him and not have worried about the bigger 5 x 5 dang it! Pix after the fact of where he came out and then where he went...

IMG_8951.jpg

IMG_8954.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Dr. Appt today, so I had to travel home on yesterday/ Wednesday.

I got into elk every day and never saw another hunter on the Mnt. by me. Trucks galore and parked all over and of course trl heads but I just park off the side and bushwack out....

I like most of us, I'm back up for the Muzzy hunt of our Multi-Season Gen Elk tag.

Kinda hot but no complaints at all, beautiful days for sure.

Robb

IMG_8937.jpg

Great report Robb and seeing elk every day on the general hunt is great; I wish I had a tag this year as I am really wanting to get out again. I am sure you will do well on the Muzz hunt.
By the way, I have been considering a setup similar to yours. I have a toy hauler that I really like but it's a pain to drag around and expensive to pull. This "glamping" resort over here sold all of their used canvas tents (I know they are not called tents but don't know what they call them). They are similar to a wall tent and fairly light and BIG. I bought 2 of them and might just use them for a base camp and take an enclosed trailer.
Good luck on the remainder of your hunt!

Hey Thanks!

I've still have the Ut Muzzy Bull,, Az Bull and to wrap it up my last Wyo Reduced Price cow tag on the NER in late December.

Yeah Woody ~~ that lil trlr is very stable and solid, here it has 537 lbs of Wyo Bull Buff meat cut-n-package frozen for the trip home.

3 150 qrt and a 120 qrt cooler.

Plus, the Bull Buff head and cape in front of the coolers.

I think it would work great for many of us hunters-----not a quad trlr though, eBikes/Mnt. Bikes ect.

Robb

IMG_6340.jpg

PS. here is th link for those that reach out of my BareTop Llamas website with Rams ect of those units up by the Gorge.

Sorry,

Robb

Last edited:
Hey Thanks!

I've still have the Ut Muzzy Bull,, Az Bull and to wrap it up my last Wyo Reduced Price cow tag on the NER in late December.

Yeah Woody ~~ that lil trlr is very stable and solid, here it has 537 lbs of Wyo Bull Buff meat cut-n-package frozen for the trip home.

3 150 qrt and a 120 qrt cooler.

Plus, the Bull Buff head and cape in front of the coolers.

I think it would work great for many of us hunters-----not a quad trlr though, eBikes/Mnt. Bikes ect.

Robb

View attachment 90010
Still don’t see enough gear. This is my trailer for going on my son’s hunt not even completely packed yet. And ice chests and other gear in vehicle.
2AD08E13-C1A7-4443-A64E-E40F26716D4E.jpeg

After I got rid of my 2010 F350 and the Toyhauler, I went to taking only what I use/needed and the lil 5 x 8 trlr work's great on both my Jeeps

It's gotten so organized and simple that; laundry goes right into the clothes RMEF luggage, from the dryer and I just have to swap out weapons for which ever hunt/state I'm heading to.

Robb

View attachment 89917

View attachment 89918
That’s an awesome set up! I might have to do some looking for something similar!

Thanks for the info Robb. You’ve got some great ideas. I’ll need to start looking for an enclosed trailers. We should have some good out of state hunts coming up next year.

You are Welcome

The actual Highlight of my trip was getting to meet-n-greet our own TripleK and one of her son's.

That son of Her's and Roy is one very polite and respectable young man.

Bessy never did swing by though------>

Robb

Always love coming along on your hunt via Monster Muleys! Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Great seeing elk and letting some of the young boys walk by. Good luck on upcoming hunts! Look forward to following along on the Ariz one!

Couldn't beat the weather. Best camping weather of the whole year. Made elk hunting hard.

Saw tons of dudes, camping, as usual. And good for them. Funny how few dudes you see in the trees, vs how many are sitting by a fire each night. Lots of "camping permits get bought, and there's no problem with that

I have a Dr. Appt today, so I had to travel home on yesterday/ Wednesday.

I got into elk every day and never saw another hunter on the Mnt. by me. Trucks galore and parked all over and of course trl heads but I just park off the side and bushwack out....

I like most of us, I'm back up for the Muzzy hunt of our Multi-Season Gen Elk tag.

Kinda hot but no complaints at all, beautiful days for sure.

Robb

View attachment 89929
Looking good Robb! Remember getting the llamas out for exercise with a punk ass kid with green hair? I came on here looking for some info on a unit I have a tag for and I see you on here. Been a long time!
-Kevin "Lamont"

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom