Anyone Apply Yet?

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
I got my non-ressy license in the mail and now I am getting my units put together for my yearly Nevada daydream!

I have bow muley and bow antelope in the past so I am feeling good on those units of choice....

The die off and no non-ressy Rocky tag is a bummer and sad deal.

I am going completeley different on my elk and Desert Ram units this year.

Robb

fish & game said they would send out the regs in the mid march, still waiting......just points this year........yd.

I followed the link and I can only find the 2008 draw odds and the 2009 harvest data. Am I missing something?

I'm hoping to blow my 11 Non-resident deer points this year. Last year I put in for 5 choices, 4 of them muzzleloader hunts. I had my bags packed. No packing bags anymore, I'll just keep trying.

Hunt Nevada website shows that the main big game draw application should be open on 3/19/2010. Good luck to all.

Get ready --nv....79-- for those most cherished soggy Green-ish diapers to be changing! haha

Ya gotta love fatherhood for sure!

I am locked-n-loaded......let the application period begin.

I have certainly learned that when ya see a sign that says 'Next Services 93 miles'.....they are 100% honest signs!

Robb

YEA......I APPLIED ON THE 19TH.......CRITICAL ERROR TOOK PLACE.......NO ONE CAN TRACE IT. HOW CONVENIENT, I LIKE PAPER BETTER.....FIRST TRY ON THE PUTER...........YD.

Hey YD! What happened with your application? I've had pretty good success putting in for NV considering my stupidity on computers.

I DONT KNOW JUST YET, THEY SAID GIVE IT TILL MONDAY & THEY WILL FIGURE IT OUT....I GOT A MONTH.......GOOD LUCK/WHAT ARE YOU DRAWING FOR??? JUST LIC & POINTS FOR ME........YD.

done last night!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

At least it was caught early in the process. Im putting in for deer,elk,and desert sheep. Still on a waiting period for antlope.

I applied for everything except for deer. Waiting on my dad to get his license, then we will apply as a party for deer and elk for him.

Now the wait begins!

Later,

Marcial

LUCKY 13...maybe this year,I've got 13 nonres. elk points

good luck,
Jim

You don't have to be the best,just good
as the best,forget the rest.

2ND TIMES A CHARM.....IT ALL WENT THROUGH. (JUST POINTS & LIC.) OK....I THINK I KNOW THE EXPENSIVE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION....HERE GOES ANYWAY,,,,,WHEN YOU APPLY FOR A NEVADA TAG....DEER ,ELK, LOPE,SHEEP....IS THE TAG MONEY UP FRONT??? IF SO IT MIGHT GET A TAD SPENDY ......THANKS .....YD.

THANKS JAZZ.....THATS A PLEASANT SURPRIZE FOR SURE. NEXT YEAR I START APPLYING FOR EVERYTHING......MIGHT GET LUCKY.....HOPE YOU GUYS DRAW.........YD.

HEY ROBB & JAZZ.....NOT THAT I WILL KNOW WHERE TO APPLY FOR SHEEP NEXT YEAR, BUT THE NR TAG NUMBERS ARE ALMOST NADA....AND I GUESS NR ARE RESTRICTED IN UNIT CHOICES. THIS COUPLED WITH SHEEP DIE OFF MAKES THINGS SLIM PICKENS AT BEST WITH THE DESERT SHEEP PICTURE...........YD.

I put my oldest boy ,myself ,and the wife in for deer.....
I'm just really hoping the "mother/son" draw.
It's kinda fun watching those two get excited and shoot.
4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Just finished mine. I'm sure my 17 points won't make a bit of difference for a non-ressy sheep, mtn goat, or elk tag. A guy can always dream, though!

With college costs looming on the horizon for me, I'm afraid my pursuits will have to be more modest.

Three hunts of my bucket list would be: Gobi Ibex in Mongolia, Aoudad in Texas, and Blue Sheep in China.

All three of these can be done for less than the cost of one Dall hunt.

Best of luck in the draws, Kilo!!

Already made the yearly donation. Deer and Desert sheep points only and applied for elk(Jarbidge Wild.), but with the small amount of points(3) that I have I will have more of a chance drawing a Moose tag in Nevada.

Steve

Don't worry, as a resident, I have 14 BP's for the top 4 and I don't think I stand a chance. My son got his elk tag last year with 11 BP's. Good luck. I have put in for all but deer. Waiting for the son to get his info to me. Good luck!!!!

This is kinda late but the deserts did not have a die off just the rockies did NV gives non res 10% of the tags. Nv has more non res desert tags than any other state.

steve {gon4elk} i drew the jarbidge elk hunt last year with 5 points , there is hope in the "nv moose tag"

Finally got up he nerve and committed. Of course as soon as I did I started having second thoughts about deer areas. Oh well, no deer points so I'm not feeling that lucky anyway.

Now the wait.

Just applied for the first time in Nevada! Got my License at Walmart in Elko and it only took an hour.. At least the internet applications were pretty quick once I decided on units. If Nevada is anything like Oregon, kids and other first timers draw the first year! I drew my cali bighorn in Oregon when I was 12 so I am crossing my fingers I draw something. Good luck to everyone else..

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

My dad and I split up this year. We have always applied together for deer. Since we have 7 points now a piece I put him in for 1 deer unit only. I applied for points in deer and lope due to hopefully drawing a CO muzz deer tag. I put in for both sheep and elk though. Never know when Lady luck will tap you on the shoulder and be overjoyed by 3600.00 worth of charges. Yeah right. Maybe 1200.00 if I am lucky, you never know?:) Turning a tag back to CO for a elk or sheep tag in NV is a no brainer.

I do have a question if you guys don't mind. When do you know the results? Do they post online? Send the info? Or do you just check your card transactions?

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-10 AT 03:12PM (MST)[p]Around the first week in June CC cards will be hit, a little later they will be posted on the Huntnevada.com website and after that they will send you a tag!!

That new 48 hour rule could have the results 'posted' before the actual printed results date in the proc.

Robb

Thank you guys. Process is a little more clear now.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom