Anyone know why?

slobow

Archery specific tag allocation (specifically A-20) is nearly half of years passed while the percentage of rifle tags lost in the same zone was significantly less? Thanks. I sure hope this is not a sign of the future for Ca bowhunters:(

I had the same thought several years ago when the number of archery tags in X-1 dropped significantly. I spoke to a senior biologist for DFG who informed me that he and others had decided to reduce the number of tags offered within the region and decided that a simple way to do so would be to reduce the number of tags to the number of first choice applicants in the previous year! I pointed out that deer numbers had declined in the southern tip of the region, not x-1, and so it hardly made sense to decrease x-1 tags in response to the decrease. In further discussion it finally dawned on me that the decision was more accurately related to politics and hunter management than to deer management.

Ok, finally talked to a biologist and he states that since the crash of 2011 Ca is no longer allowed in the sky to count deer. He states that Nv took over in this area and counted the highest number of deer but fewest bucks. When asked about technique he said they have no system and just "wing it"! What a joke system this has become. He also mentioned that with the new computer tag/license system very few people report harvest therefore the necessary ratios required to issue tags are all "whacked". Looks like the state of Nv will see my monies on a yearly basis until our state can address obvious issues that are clearly at the bottom of the list. Very sad as I love the backcountry of the sierras during archery season.

Shhhhhh, don't tell Kali that in Nv if you don't complete your hunter survey within 21 days after the season ends, you can't apply the following year UNLESS you pay a $50.00 fee.

Surprises me they haven't implemented this already, $$$$$.

I feel there are less deer, less tags and less fish stocked for us to catch. And CA lic and tags keep going up!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom