Application for BP complaint

Wakin

Am I out of line thinking it's unfair to have to buy my son a hunting license for 2 years just so he can continue building BP's while on his mission? I guess I have no choice & really don't expect any less from our DWR lately.

I am glad they moved the archery elk back a week, it will be much more challenging to not have the best week of the archery season anymore (unless you have the LE tag), and it will really be fun to get an elk off the mountain that first week when temps are in the 90's. And my guess is the guys running to every bugle that last week & screwing up the LE archers will still be there since my experience tells me it's mostly the rifle LE hunters scouting for the opener.

Sorry to b!tch, I feel better now.

Wakin,

Since you are part of the "family" I can be kind of rough on ya!;-)

Dude, resident hunting licenses are cheap! Apply for Nevada or Arizona if you want to take it with a dry pecker! I think it is about time Utah makes some money off the application process. This is just my thoughts. Hopefully your money for your son is well spent. I know it sucks, but hope for a nice return on your investment! Me, my wife, and daughter just spent $100 to apply in Utah. It kind of hurts, but hopefully the deer and elk benefit! :)

ktc - I guess it's the principle of the thing. I'm bent because I have to buy a license that will just sit in my pocket & be used for emergency butt-wipe, yet I wish the DWR would make you put the money up front (like the old days) to apply. They would still make thiers off interest while improving odds keeping Billy-Bob from throwing everyone in the pool from cousins to grannys. But what do I know?

Check your email in a bit, I have a great story for ya

Wakin,

I am just trying to help you see this in a different light. I know it gets expensive. Kind of sucks, I know!

Good luck and I will go read your email!

Utah won't go to tag money up front, at least for residents, because they make more money off the application fee than they could make on 6 months of interest.

Two thoughts on this...

1. You do not have to buy him a license and pay a application fee for him. IT IS YOUR CHOICE, no body is making you...

this is 2008, computer access is world wide, let him do his own application's while on his mission.

2. This is awful close to what some complain about ...others putting there wife, son, daughter, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, pet dag and stray cat in for points.
This is why you can never know how many of the Max point holders are actualy applying for the tag and not just building points to go group with later on.

The requirement for a license is so that the DWR can get matching funds from the goverment, that way they may not have to raise the tag prices? ever thought of that?

Just put your son in for the draw and if he draws have him start being a very bad missionary before the hunt opens and they will give him a one way ticket back to ZION just in time for opening day.Problem Solved.I bet that wouldnt go over to well with his MOM on why he was sent back home.he he

>Matching funds from the Government?
>They are a government?
>
>Can you explain that one?
>
>Thanks.

Matching funds from Fedral Government to the State Government

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-08 AT 04:24PM (MST)[p]Wakin...
seems like it can be worst (can be 100deg when you down that elk).The DWR can make it a real mess out of it..seems to be better than last few years... not 10 years though...!
looks like every hunter is now building pts in Utah...
and its to early for the bitching season (thats March/April)!
08 is going to be great so relax..the Feds match State funds.
rm

Wakin,

Be glad you've got the opportunity to put him in w/o worrying about him drawing a tag.

I'm 2 years in the hole with my bonus points because this wasn't even an option when I was on my mission.

Didn't think I could get it cleared to head home for a couple of weeks if I drew:)

Looking back I should have put in and prayed to not draw...:) I'd have max points.

>Two thoughts on this...
>
>1. You do not have to
>buy him a license and
>pay a application fee for
>him. IT IS YOUR CHOICE,
>no body is making you...
>
>
>this is 2008, computer access is
>world wide, let him do
>his own application's while on
>his mission.
>
>2. This is awful close to
>what some complain about ...others
>putting there wife, son, daughter,
>grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, pet
>dag and stray cat in
>for points.
>This is why you can never
>know how many of the
>Max point holders are actualy
>applying for the tag and
>not just building points to
>go group with later on.
>
>
>The requirement for a license is
>so that the DWR can
>get matching funds from the
>goverment, that way they may
>not have to raise the
>tag prices? ever thought of
>that?

Not sure you are getting where I'm coming from, I know it is my choice. In previous years you could apply for a BP only without buying a license. I just thought it was unfair to have to buy a license if you are unable to hunt (ie missionary assignment, military assignment etc) why not have a required $30 donation to apply if you do not intend to hunt. All works out the same either way.

As far as me adding to the problem of putting in every member of my family including my pets...I have several members of my family I could do that with, this is my son who I hunt with every year. He has applied for LE elk from day one, I want to keep him in the game by purchasing BP's while he is gone. I think these are two seperate issues?

I know computer access is world wide, I actually work in the industry. For some reason I think applying for Utah hunts online may be against mission rules.

Matching funds from the government...I better stop right now=)

>Wakin,
>
>Be glad you've got the opportunity
>to put him in w/o
>worrying about him drawing a
>tag.
>
>I'm 2 years in the hole
>with my bonus points because
>this wasn't even an option
>when I was on my
>mission.
>
>Didn't think I could get it
>cleared to head home for
>a couple of weeks if
>I drew:)
>
>Looking back I should have put
>in and prayed to not
>draw...:) I'd have max points.
>

Prism - I'm not complaining too much, it just surprised me a little. I knew a few guys that kept applying while they were on a mission & hoped for the best. It worked out for all of them. If you did draw while out, would be the ultimate test of faith!

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-08
>AT 04:24?PM (MST)

>
>Wakin...
>seems like it can be worst
>(can be 100deg when you
>down that elk).The DWR can
>make it a real mess
>out of it..seems to be
>better than last few years...
>not 10 years though...!
>looks like every hunter is now
>building pts in Utah...
>and its to early for the
>bitching season (thats March/April)!
>08 is going to be great
>so relax..the Feds match State
>funds.
>rm

RM - So is the "b!tching season" similar to the shed season, only applicable in certain areas of the state? Man I can't keep all this stuff straight anymore. What it comes down to...I hate January, I hate the cold. I want spring & summer to come & I'm a little sensitive, maybe the hormones are out of whack (I do have a unexplainable desire lately to watch "Dancing with the Stars")

All will be good, I'll keep putting Hunter in while he's on his mission & I'll figure out a way to get an opening week elk off the hill if I'm lucky enough to score on one. In the mean time I will scout & prepare for the upcoming b!tching season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom