Area #95 for Antelope

I have hunted 95 on and off over the years. It was better 10 to 15 years ago. I hunted it last year made 5 trips there between the bow hunt and rifle hunt. I never saw an 80" goat in over 15 days of hunting however I shot a nice goat on the last trip with my 7 year old daughter there which made it a great hunt. Overall not worth the points.

I might differ a bit from hunter77's opinion on this one. I have hunted 95 three times in the past 10 years and have really been impressed. I killed an 80" buck 6 years ago and the other two bucks were 77 and 78. And I had a buddy 3 years ago who killed an 82" buck. I really like the area but I haven't hunted it since 2011 so maybe it has gone down in recent years according to hunter77's report.

I hunted it once about 6 years ago. It is a really good unit but you will need to look over lots and lots of bucks to find a 80"er. They are there though.

They had a major winter kill a couple of years ago however, they didn't reduce tag numbers at all so I think it is in a down turn however. It will probably come back in 3 or 4 years assuming no more bad winters.

My son and I hunted it last year and I also have hunted there in the past. Its not like it was before. Saw bucks but not the numbers that were there before. Last year we saw about 20-30 bucks in the area I hunt in. Years before that number for the same area would have been closer to 100. We both got bucks but I was use to seeing allot more. Good luck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom