Assembly Line Reubens

Blank

Long Time Member
Had all the stuff to make my Reubens, and realized I was gonna be busy tomorrow with clams and pasta for dinner. Just make them ahead, and I freeze them for easy peezy meals later. If you drain the 'kraut really well, they stay crisp and fresh in the future, just by toasting them in a pan for a minute or two on each side.

4E39FDFE-EF59-48DD-A574-826B88E0CF45_1_201_a.jpeg

596D42BF-9501-45F0-8A8A-D496520B6C52_1_201_a.jpeg

My favorite sandwich. I buy big flat-cut chunks of corned beef and boil according to directions. I think it is cheaper and better than buying most sliced sandwich meats, but I will have to try your freezer protocol.

I really have to laugh at making corned beef at home. During one of our early years of marriage, my wife wanted to make it for me as a special dinner. She was pregnant at the time with our last kid, and when it and the cabbage started boiling - she started throwing up, and didn't stop for 2 days!! I have never gotten that home-cooked meal for St. Patricks Day. :) Just the mention of it sends her out of the room, and she gives me a wide berth when fixing these.

My favorite sandwich. I buy big flat-cut chunks of corned beef and boil according to directions. I think it is cheaper and better than buying most sliced sandwich meats, but I will have to try your freezer protocol.
Boiling an already corned beef sounds kind of sacrilegious to me. ?‍♂️

I just put my Brisket in a Dutch Oven at 280 ° . I'm going to cook 3 hours then take the lid off for another hour or so. It came lightly seasoned but no packet so I added a third cup brown sugar, some coriander, cloves, black pepper and allspice . I'm going to copycat your Reubens.
Thanks for sharing J..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom