AZ elk tag info

jaeger63

My name is Tony Cleveland. Ive been building points in AZ for 17 years now. My CC was just hit a few days ago which means I drew a tag for this season. Even though I'm not yet sure, since the results have not officially posted, I imagine I drew my second choice which was 7W. I would like to hear from anyone who has hunted the unit. DId you have a quality hunt? DId you feel crowded by other hunters? In hindsight would you put in for that unit again if you could do it over? Thanks much for any info you may be willing to share.

My name is Tony Cleveland. Ive been building points in AZ for 17 years now. My CC was just hit a few days ago which means I drew a tag for this season. Even though I'm not yet sure, since the results have not officially posted, I imagine I drew my second choice which was 7W. I would like to hear from anyone who has hunted the unit. DId you have a quality hunt? DId you feel crowded by other hunters? In hindsight would you put in for that unit again if you could do it over? Thanks much for any info you may be willing to share.
Yes
No
Yes

Yes
No
Yes
Don't listen to Tony's sarcastic BS. He hasn't been able to hunt elk for 20 years. I've never hunted the unit but there will be others that will respond with useful info. If you don't get any help here go post on Tony's favorite site coueswhitetail.com and they will help you out.

Last edited:
That's the most online info for that unit I have seen and I have been looking for a few years. Not sure if it's a good thing but its helpful.

What season did you get? Gonna make a big difference on what advise your are gonna get/need. I’ve shed hunted in there a bit but never been in there in the fall.

Don't listen to Tony's sarcastic BS. He hasn't been able to hunt elk for 20 years. I've never hunted the unit but there will be others that will respond with useful info. If you don't get any help here go post on Tony's favorite site coueswhitetail.com and they will help you out.
Speaking of CWT, I heard from a friend that all your buddies there are wondering how someone can plead guilty to a felony & then possess & sell firearms while on probation. Perhaps you might stop by there & explain.

Also, you haven't yet answered my question in the thread 23-n-elk-archery-non-resident-bonus-pass about you using my elk bonus points.

So how does a convicted poacher who has his hunting rights suspended for 10 years go about doing that?

Last edited:
ticktoc.gif

Still...

Also, you haven't yet answered my question in the thread 23-n-elk-archery-non-resident-bonus-pass about you using my elk bonus points.

So how does a convicted poacher who has his hunting rights suspended for 10 years go about doing that?

Whats the story on this guy what did he poach?
His real name is Blake Owens. He has used other aliases such as Bowens, bonecollector777, BC777, AZtroutman & likely more on various sites. BigBull is the latest new head he's grown here. In addition to being a poacher, he's an admitted thief & liar.

AZGF commission had suspended his hunting privileges for 10 years.

A google search turned this up:

A snippet below. If I recall correctly, one of the victims of the fraud was Founder -- owner of this site.

Blake Owens has been facing seven different criminal cases in the Navajo County Court after a grand jury handed up its indictments in July 2018 and various other dates charging Owens with dozens of crimes, the least serious of which included taking, possessing and/or transporting wildlife from a closed area, in a closed hunting season, all without tags. The five separate cases each concern a different animal; they are: a 4x4 200” mule deer, a 3x3 drop tine mule deer, a 6x6 mule deer, a 5x4 velvet mule deer and a bear. The wildlife-related charges are Class 1 and Class 2 misdemeanors.

The grand jury also indicted Owens for more serious crimes including fraudulent schemes, Class 2 Felonies, and forgery, Class 4 Felonies, for allegedly conning hunting organizations into believing that he was deserving of recognition and prizes, through false claims and other false material. He also was charged with one count of each of aggravated assault on a peace officer, a Class 5 Felony, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a Class 1 Misdemeanor, according to court records.

It is alleged that Owens unlawfully poached animals and defrauded or attempted to defraud nationally-known hunting and awards publications and organizations such as Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book Committee, The Pope and Young Club, The Boone and Crocket Club and Eastman’s Bowhunting Journal, seeking recognition for trophy kills actually achieved by illegal means, like using a firearm in an archery-only area. The assault on the officer charge arose from Owen’s alleged actions against a case officer on May 31, 2018 and the contributing to the delinquency charge in December 2016.

In January 7, 2020, the cases against him resolved by way of a “global” plea agreement whereby Owens received a sentence of probation. The assault and delinquency charges were dismissed, other felonies were changed or modified and Owens pleaded guilty to one attempted fraudulent schemes charge and two crimes known as “criminal solicitation,” all Class 6 “Open” Felonies, explained below. All the other charges against him were dismissed.

Under Arizona law, a person commits criminal solicitation if he, with intent to defraud, presents or offers an “object” in a way that it appears to have and “antiquity, rarity...or value that it does not in fact possess.” It is a Class 6 Felony, the least serious of any of the felony crimes. A Class 6 “Open” Felony is a device wherein a person pleads guilty to a felony, but if he complies with all terms of probation and successfully completes it, the case is then recorded as a misdemeanor conviction.

In Owens’ case, he is on supervised probation for three years. Terms include serving six months in a county jail but, if probation is completed successfully, Owens won’t spend any time in jail. He must forfeit and surrender “all awards, documents and/or certificates” from the organizations he defrauded and must return to the awarding institutions a Mathews, Inc. Triax compound bow and a Green Stealth Cam. He must also forfeit a bear skull and deer antlers and perform 50 hours of community service.

Last edited:
Crazy that POS still lingers around here. He needs to get away from hunting all together.
I was fairly sure it was him when he first came after me last week in the AZ section. Then he did the same here. I let him ramble a bit more until I made sure with a bit of research.

He obviously thinks people are as dumb as he is & won't eventually figure out that he's still a fraud.

Yes
No
Yes
Outdoor Writer,
You seem to have started and then turned my thread into a ***** session between you and BigBull with your sarcastic 3 word response to my legit quest for information. I have always thought this to be a respectable hunting forum.I don't know who either of you are nor do I care. Why don't you two meet up and handle your differences man to man and stay the f..k off this site unless you have something constructive to say about the originator's post. If this response gets me kicked off MonsterMuleys so be it. I could not give a f..k less

Outdoor Writer,
You seem to have started and then turned my thread into a ***** session between you and BigBull with your sarcastic 3 word response to my legit quest for information. I have always thought this to be a respectable hunting forum.I don't know who either of you are nor do I care. Why don't you two meet up and handle your differences man to man and stay the f..k off this site unless you have something constructive to say about the originator's post. If this response gets me kicked off MonsterMuleys so be it. I could not give a f..k less
If you have been paying attention, you would know that it has been kicked around here and you should be grateful that the poacher giving you advice was called out.

Tony may not be able to hump the hills anymore, but he still bags one on the internet every once in a while. :)

I was born and raised about 50 miles from where you drew, and even lived in Flag for a couple of years. There, my post is on topic.

Outdoor Writer,
I'll never ignore a thief & poacher. I apologize for getting you in the middle of it.

Hunted 7W two years ago, December Rifle. Lots of roads, Lot's of "posse's". Went over the top of a hill to glass, saw 12 guys and 5 trucks, glassing up at us. Find the deepest place away from roads.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom