az unit 5a and 5b, ever seen a buck there?

V

vitalzone (Guest)

I have a any antlered deer hunt in 5a,5b coming up this oct. 24. I have been scouting there every weekend since the first weekend in Sept. I have only seen very little deer sign, I have seen only one muley doe, tons of elk. I know there has to be some bucks in there somewhere. I put in for this area after finding a 4 by 9 non typical muley head,looked like a lion kill,last fall.The rack is 26 wide and 24 tall,not a monster but a respectical buck.Any body ever hunted there or might have some ideas on this area. Thanks!

The largest mule deer I ever killed came from unit 5a. It had a 25' width extremely heavy 4x3 frame. E-mail me at [email protected] and I'll tell you where to go.

ill see you up there, i have the same tag as you. good luck, there in there its just a hard hunt.
mike

Had a cow elk tag last year 2003 in this area and didn't see anything but two bulls but plenty of mule deer including bucks. Guess I should have been deer hunting instead of elk hunting. They are there thinging about putting in next year for the same area myself next year. But as I am getting older have taged many good Iam going for the gusto and try my luck for the big ones, have the time. If the creek don't rise cause I know it'not going to snow I'll have me a good time. Been doing it for 37yrs. not concided just like to have agood time. Your friend the sport BUCKBUSTER

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom