Back Door Has Opened!

I've never checked for draw results using the "back door" method, so if anyone knows the ropes of this please enlighten me.
Logged in online on the 'Purchase Tags' section of the IDFG website, and here are the tags that are shown as available for purchase: 2nd bear, 2nd & special turkey, 2nd cougar, gray wolf and BOTH deer (regular and whitetail). Nothing is listed for elk or antelope. FYI - I bought the Sportsman's Package, so I've already paid for my deer an elk tag receipts. I also put in for elk, deer and antelope CHs.
So, given the above, am I to assume that I drew my CH for deer since it shows a tag available for purchase? If I drew, though, wouldn't it show the specific controlled hunt tag I applied for rather than the regular or whiteail general deer tags?

When i go to the purchase license site, it has three tabs Game Tag, Elk A Tag, and Elk B Tag. What are the tabs that say Elk A and Elk B? Does that mean i drew my elk tag?

Bummin, my wife and myself didn't draw the unit 40 tag. Well there is always next year. Good luck to everyone that put in for the draws.

>I've never checked for draw results
>using the "back door" method,
>so if anyone knows the
>ropes of this please enlighten
>me.
>Logged in online on the 'Purchase
>Tags' section of the IDFG
>website, and here are the
>tags that are shown as
>available for purchase: 2nd bear,
>2nd & special turkey, 2nd
>cougar, gray wolf and BOTH
>deer (regular and whitetail). Nothing
>is listed for elk or
>antelope. FYI - I bought
>the Sportsman's Package, so I've
>already paid for my deer
>an elk tag receipts. I
>also put in for elk,
>deer and antelope CHs.
>So, given the above, am I
>to assume that I drew
>my CH for deer since
>it shows a tag available
>for purchase? If I drew,
>though, wouldn't it show
>the specific controlled hunt tag
>I applied for rather than
>the regular or whiteail general
>deer tags?

The contolled hunt tags appear under the "Tag" tab. Yes, if you draw it will show the specific controlled hunt tags not the general tags you noted above...

Good luck!

Horniac

>When i go to the purchase
>license site, it has three
>tabs Game Tag, Elk A
>Tag, and Elk B Tag.
> What are the tabs
>that say Elk A and
>Elk B? Does that
>mean i drew my elk
>tag?

Unfortunately no... see post #4.

Horniac

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-13 AT 09:22AM (MST)[p]>When i go to the purchase
>license site, it has three
>tabs Game Tag, Elk A
>Tag, and Elk B Tag.
> What are the tabs
>that say Elk A and
>Elk B? Does that
>mean i drew my elk
>tag?

Sierra - now that you pointed out the elk A & B tabs, I think I've figured it out how this works. If under Game Tags the options for either Regular or Whitetail tags are shown you did not draw your CH deer tag. I'm assuming that if you drew antelope it would be listed here as well. If both of the elk tabs are shown, than I assume that you did not draw a controlled elk tag and that these standard tag options are what ia available to you.
Nada for me in ID this year.

You will have a Controlled Hunt tab in front of the Game Tags tab if you drew anything.

I applied for a muzzleloader elk tag, but there isnt one listed in the "tag" section. There is, however, a muzzleloader permit under the permit section which I havent noticed before. I know you need a muzzleloader permit to hunt with a muzzleloader, but I also know you need an archery permit to hunt with a bow - that permit is not available for me to purchase. It makes me wonder why I would have the option to buy the muzzy permit, but not the archery permit, if I didnt draw a muzzy tag. Any thoughts?

>I applied for a muzzleloader elk
>tag, but there isnt one
>listed in the "tag" section.
> There is, however, a
>muzzleloader permit under the permit
>section which I havent noticed
>before. I know you
>need a muzzleloader permit to
>hunt with a muzzleloader, but
>I also know you need
>an archery permit to hunt
>with a bow - that
>permit is not available for
>me to purchase. It
>makes me wonder why I
>would have the option to
>buy the muzzy permit, but
>not the archery permit, if
>I didnt draw a muzzy
>tag. Any thoughts?

Shedneck - since the muzzy permit is needed to hunt a muzzleloader general season, I believe it's listed for that reason as you will need to purchase it to do so since it's not necessarily tied to a muzzy CH. Kind of same as the waterfowl stamp - it's listed as a matter of course since it is a standard permit that must be purchased to hunt that species.

My wife drew a unit 75 elk tag. This is her second time drawing this tag. Talk about luck...

Lambeau- I agree with you, but I wonder why I dont have the option to buy an archery permit. That would be needed to hunt general archery unit, right? I checked with my buddy - his "permits" section allows him to buy an archery permit. Does yours? Just curious. It's that little bit of hope, you know? Ha. I've been applying for non-resident tags in Idaho for over 8 years now and I've only drawn an unlimited archery antelope tag that everyone draws. I cant wait for the day when Idaho starts a bonus point system.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-13 AT 09:59AM (MST)[p]>Lambeau- I agree with you, but
>I wonder why I dont
>have the option to buy
>an archery permit. That
>would be needed to hunt
>general archery unit, right?
>I checked with my buddy
>- his "permits" section allows
>him to buy an archery
>permit. Does yours?
>Just curious. It's that little
>bit of hope, you know?
>Ha. I've been applying for
>non-resident tags in Idaho for
>over 8 years now and
>I've only drawn an unlimited
>archery antelope tag that everyone
>draws. I cant wait
>for the day when Idaho
>starts a bonus point system.
>

Did you purchase a Sportsmen's package license/tag combo? I believe the archery permits are included with this. I can't remember if the muzzleloader permits are or not, too.
My guess is your buddy showed the archery permit as an option becasue he bought a general hunting license and not the SP?

If you drew, it will show a controlled hunt with the unit listed as well in the tag section.

Permits don't have anything to do with your controlled hunt.

Nope - I'm a non-resident and didnt buy anything except a hunting license. My buddy didnt even buy a hunting license this year (and obviously didnt apply for controlled hunts). Its just not an option for me. Oh well. Thank God I'm a Nevada resident and can hunt here.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-13 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]ID requires a bow hunter ed card, or proof that you have archery hunted in another state. So if you haven't given this information to ID before, then you won't have the option of buying an archery permit.

>Nope - I'm a non-resident and
>didnt buy anything except a
>hunting license. My buddy
>didnt even buy a hunting
>license this year (and obviously
>didnt apply for controlled hunts).
> Its just not an
>option for me. Oh
>well. Thank God I'm
>a Nevada resident and can
>hunt here.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

BACK DOOR IS UP!!! I drew my deer tag! That puts me at 4 years in a row for drawing premium tags! I love Idaho!!!

We drew some late bulls, extra antlerless, and one friend a 44 buck. They all showed under a CONTROLLED HUNT tab, under the TAG tab. The CONTROLLED HUNT tab will only show if you drew a controlled hunt, otherwise there will only be a GAME TAGS tab under the TAG tab.

Clear as mud??

PS WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO......

Shedneck

Even if you purchase the sportsmans package, the archery permit won't show unless you have completed Archery hunters ed.

Do they "take a while" to update like other states or is it one big upload and done? I have no tabs, assuming no luck but didn't know if I should check tomorrow kind of a deal?

Why is it giving me the option to purchase non-res for my controlled hunt tag? Could I do either?

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give them the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

Unbeleivable, i have put in for gun antelope for 7 years and have never drawn, same with my mom and dad!! Unbeleivable!! Archery agian this year!!

Man....with the kind of luck I have been having in these draws I sure hope IDFG will let me "draw" at least a general deer tag. I'm becoming convinced that I could fail at that....

Nothing here, but with several hunts already planned and scheduled for this fall I put in for deer and elk in units with onl one non resident permits allowed in late seasons.

Always a chance and with liecense already in hand, a no brainer to put in. Good luck to all.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-13 AT 09:39PM (MST)[p]
Can't believe I drew an area 30 elk tag. Drew a 40 deer in 2010 first time putting in. Now this. Gonna be a busy season...

Yep, the late tag. Already drew a pocketful of tags in WY as well as another family member. Gonna need more freezers...

Grand-daughter got late either-sex deer and late elk.
Hunting partners got two muzzleloader antelope.
I only got an extra doe tag! Where's the justice?????

2nd choice - archery antelope
50 x tag whitetail doe
Not the tags I had been hoping for
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-13 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]4 years in a row?? Another prime example of why Idaho needs a points system. Good for you pal.

>Grand-daughter got late either-sex deer and
>late elk.
>Hunting partners got two muzzleloader antelope.
>
>I only got an extra doe
>tag! Where's the justice?????

SAD STORY!!

bowtechNlopes - that is F'n amazing! You drew CH tags for deer, elk and antelope all in the same year? Congratulations.
Can't say that I've ever heard of anyone pulling that off before. You better go buy some lottery tickets, too.

I have an employee who wants to hunt for the 1st time this year, he got lucky and drew 66A early elk, 1st elk hunt should be a good one

>BACK DOOR IS UP!!! I
>drew my deer tag!
>That puts me at 4
>years in a row for
>drawing premium tags! I
>love Idaho!!!

Now that would be pretty tough to do in a premiun buck unit, unless you went 4 out of 8 yrs?

My son drew all 3 also. That's a first!

My daughter drew antelope!

Good friend out of Cali drew early bull elk!

I've drawn premium elk, deer, elk, and deer four years in a row. :) That's how it's done.

13 years in a row for me my wife & 2 sons !!! thats elk deer lope & bear also have put in 13 years in a row for the 2nd chance & same DAMN story

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom