Bear Huntin

W

woodtick

I've had a lot of locals from different places that i have been over the years tell me, the bears are thicker than hell in idaho and it's like shootin fish out of a barrel. Where does a guy have to go to see if this theory is true. How would a guy hunt spot and stalk or bait. Fall or Spring.
I don't have dogs so thats out of the option.
also whats the difference between a reduced tag and a regular tag i really haven't spent much time lookin at the regs to find out.

WHACK'N & STACK'N
SHOOT STRAIGHT SHOOT TRUE
THE WOODTICK

Depends on the unit and how much time you have. Depends on area you hunt or what. You could drop a bait just about anywhere but depends if a bear finds it or not.
I have dropped bait sites and the bears didnt hit it till after season closed. Then had some bait sites that get hit a couple days.
Now I have established bait sites and get hit pretty good.
If your looking for a unit for bears try the 2 bear units.
Baiting in my opinion is pretty easy way to bring them in.
Regular tag I think is your bear tag and the reduced tag is when you are hunting a 2 bear unit.
Good luck they are a blast to hunt.

I've never been bear hunting, but have killed several. In 2006, I was even "attacked" by a bear and shot him in self-defense. In 2006, I saw 8 bears; the year before, I saw 6. I assume the 2-bear units have even more animals than where I'm hunting deer/elk, but I've seen a LOT of bears in 39 and 43.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom