Best Magazine or App for helping to select a hunting area

sniper14

I've got points in Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado for several species and I've realized its time to start cashing them in before I'm to old to get around. I want to get your opinions on what the best place to go, app to use, or magazine to read, that will help me decide on areas to put in for. Please let me know so I can start doing my homework. Thanks in advance.

Yep I agree and I dropped Eastmans a couple years ago.
To many errors and there charts are so small there hard to read for me.

The only advantage to eastmans is they cover more units. Epic and hunting fool only concentrate on the Trophy units. Having said that, Eastmans is a distant third to Epic and Huntin' fool.
Huntin' Fool has a larger customer base so if you call to get phone numbers of past hunters for your unit they will have more names on the list. Epic is run by more accomplished hunters. Huntin' fool is easier for my old eyes to read.

Toprut or go directly to the fish and games own statistics (which is where all the apps and magazines get their own).

The magazines will pick units that are virtually impossible to draw. I say do your own research, reach out to people that hunt and live in the area.

Yep, gave them all up and do my own research now. Sure, you can recommend Pauns or Henries, Late Colo or Wy, Kaibab and Strip all you want. I know that. It's the little hidden gems I enjoy finding. Have to do your due diligence tho, as the reports, odds, harvest are some times skewed a little, depending on tag type. I have seen either sex hunts reporting antler less in the overall hunt success, where there were almost no bucks taken at all. Just read it all, and make sure you understand what you are reading.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom