Big fire in Unit 36

NMPaul

Gonna be a big one I am thinking with the winds forcasted. I can see this being very destructive to structures. Lots of evacuations currently.
Might be a chance to find a 36 tag from someone that panics and sells it.

Damn fires. Seems winds are from the SW? Hope they make some progress overnight, cause the next couple days seem windy still.
I got drawn for a 34 early archery tag, so keeping an eye on things.

Do you live in the area NMPaul? Hope not within range. Keep us posted, but hope things calm there.

The wilderness in 36 is on fire. Strong winds and a dry, dry forest really making this fire spread

fast.https://www.krqe.com/news/wildfires/three-rivers-fire-continues-to-burn-in-lincoln-national-forest/

Last edited:
I hate to see it but I understand it. All roads close to the unit 36 White Mountain Wilderness are closed. The fire is in some nasty country. I hope they can contain this fire and everyone stays safe.

_nc_ohc=-N6bDiLnO_EAX_V8zdl&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Three Rivers Fire 2021

6 hrs ·

Ruidoso, NM, May 2, 2021 – A closure order has been issued for a portion of the White Mountains Wilderness, located in the Smokey Bear Ranger District of the Lincoln National Forest. The purpose of this Order is to protect public health and safety during the Three Rivers Fire. The Order went into effect on April 30, 2021, at 6:00 AM and shall remain in effect until December 31, 2021, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
Please be advised that ALL National Forest System lands, roads, and trails within the exterior boundaries of the White Mountain Wilderness of the Lincoln National Forest, as depicted on the attached map, are part of the RESTRICTED AREA.
Violations of this order are punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of up to $5,000 for individual, $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment, or both.

Things are not looking good down south. Just got back from the Gila and the last precip they had down there was on March 27th which was baked off the top soil by 2 PM. The last soaking they had was the first week of August 2020. The snow they got in February and March did not even soak into the soil. This is not good. Antelope were bedded down right off the road next to the cattle tanks in 16E. Coyotes were camped by the road waiting for roadkill. I've never seen that before. Hope they get rain down there or else the Gila may be in for a long summer.

Gotta deer tag in there Pablo ! Maybe if they put it out n monsoons hit I can glass up a buck for my wife

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom