Big Wyoming Antelope

bighorn191

Here is a picture of an antelope my 21 year old son took in Wyoming two weeks ago. This bugger had a giant body, head, and horns to boot. He came in well above the B&C minimum for the all time book and we are pretty confident he will dry out north of 82". We were mighty proud of his second shot that put this once in a lifetime antelope down for the count! Taking a Booner quality animal yourself is pretty special but when your kids get a chance, well, it's hard to put the excitement into words! It was one of those hunts we will never forget.

4ad0e172064ad397.jpg

Great antelope!! It's funny how priorties change when our kids come of hunting age, and how great it feels to see your son/daughter take their own animals....overwhelming sense of pride that is almost better than punching your own tag.

This is my son's first year to hunt, he's 12, and I can't wait for him to harvest his first big game animal...and many more to come. I think I was more excited when he shot his first rabbit than when I kill an avg buck. Filling my tag is taking a back seat to his this year and I feel great about that already.

Congrats to your son on his B&C 'lope, awesome job!

LBR

Yes, congratulations! He's a dandy.

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

Bighorn,
I am headed out this week with my son on his OIL Desert Bighorn Tag in southern Utah. I know of nothing I would rather be doing than hunting with my son. Congratulations on a great pronghorn and a broad smile on both of your faces even though his is the only one showing. It just doesn't get any better than that!

Just got the official B&C score done and he did score 82-6/8" - makes a dad proud to see his son take an animal of this quality - so proud in fact I'm going to have a pedestal mount done so this buck and our memory of the hunt will last a very long time! Way to go Cody!

Just got the official B&C score done and he did score 82-6/8" - makes a dad proud to see his son take an animal of this quality - so proud in fact I'm going to have a pedestal mount done so this buck and our memory of the hunt will last a very long time! Way to go Cody!

Great buck. Congrats to your son, and to you.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom