Black-widows

nfh

Long Time Member
been finding a lot of these girls around with some nest. i read a nest can hold up to 1000 babies and i have destroyed at least 10 black widows and 15 nest.

Any ideas or know of any good stuff to get rid of them. foggers seem not to do much?

Starting fluid and a lighter..

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I go thru a lot of.22 ratshot.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

hire a professional to get rid of them. They may have access to insecticides that you can not get at the local hardware.

RELH

I been using a small hand held propane torch attached to a stick so the suckers dont fall in back in my face. i am concerned about the ones i cant find or see.

1st off, knock down their webs. It takes 1/2 of their bodies strength to build their web. If you do it twice....you get the pic. Then, if you want to try Agent Orange, or some other poison, in order to supplement go for it.

Personally, I'd use regular poison, nothing to strong...also, WD40 knocks em down, so that you can step on em.
John 14:6

LAST EDITED ON May-26-12 AT 09:22AM (MST)[p] I HAVE YOUR SOLUTION........USED TO HAVE A BUNCH OF BW SPIDERS!!!
I ONLY HUNT THEM AT NIGHT WHEN THERE OUT & VULNERABLE. USE BRAKE CLEANER, STARTING FLUID,OR CARB SPRAY IT HAS NO OIL & WILL EVAPORATE. OUT OF THE CAN IT IS EXTREMELY COLD (BW THINKS HE IS IN SIBERIA IN DECEMBER). HE IS FROZEN & CANT RUN/ IT IS ALSO VERY TOXIC... HE DIES IN HIS TRACKS. I USED TO KILL 15 BW SPIDERS A NIGHT.......NOW I KILL ONE OR TWO. ITS KINDA FUN....DONT GET NEAR YOUR HOT WATER HEATER THOUGH.

ALSO GOOD ON ALL SPIDERS, ANTS, & WEEDS......REACH OF SPRAY IS ABOUT 3-4 FEET.............HAPPY KILLING.................YD.

That was a great movie, grizz.

When I was a kid, I worked for a farmer who ran some of his tractors off propane. We would pull in for lunch and when we came back, many times there would be a rattler sitting in the shade of the tractor. So, on goes the hose and you get a frozen snake.

Kinda cool to save for later....truck seat, hallway in the bunkhouse, etc.

thanks for the info, i have also been using wd-40 and carb spray. thank god there not in the house there just in the garage that i am thinking about tearing down. just got a 40x60 shop put up and havent found and spiders in there yet.

I just catch them in a critter cage,and let them kill each other till there's only one left.Than kill the last one.I think the word got out in my yard,cuz I don't see any more.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom