Blaser

kawboy

Very Active Member
I have been spending a lot of time looking at guns lately, Blaser seem to be very good guns. They are out of my price range for now but for some reason I want to save up and get one.
Does anyone have one? If so would you recomend it to someone or are they a waste of money?
I am looking at the R8

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Cost too much money to even take hunting.... I wouldn't waste my money on one.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

what are you looking for in a rifle? semi auto, bolt? kinda a waste imo.

Looked in to them a couple years ago!

I didn't like the one feature they brag up!

"You don't need to lift/swing the Bolt"!

Looked like it'd be an easy way for me to hook it on something in the Jungle & eject a Bullet!

I'll swing/lift my Bolt!

What does a nice Gouge/Scratch cost on a Blaser?

Probably 1K each!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I like a bolt action, maybe I will save my money and buy a landowner tag instead.

Kawboy, Don't know much about the Blaser line. They sure do have a bunch of them on Gunbroker, and the like, for sale and the prices are plenty fancy.

IMO, one of the classiest guns out there and just a dream to hunt with is the Browning 1885 and B-78. I owned one for 6-7 years during my prime and nothing was safe once i pulled up with it. So classy! You may be interested, may not, but if looking for something different, tough to go wrong here. Some have much fancier stock figuring, this example is kinda plain, not bad in itself as the simplicity of the weapon is part of it's attractiveness.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=240452260

Joey

I have one and they are pretty incredible. The time to work the bolt is about 1/3 of a normal bolt action, and of superior design. It cannot disengage when hooking on brush as suggested above. Love the rifle.

I've hooked the Safety on the Gun I've packed for over 30 years a few times in the Thick Viet Nam Buck Brush,if the Safety is accidentally hooked & kicked off you're saying the Bolt can't be hooked & pulled open idahonative?

Maybe I missed something when I looked at the Quick Bolt of the Blaser?

They are Fine Guns No Doubt!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

A straight pull bolt makes me nervous. Also, it looks like on some models you have to manually ##### it? Does it ##### automatically when you cycle the bolt? If not, there goes the half second you saved by not having to lift your bolt.

If you want to shoot faster, buy a browning BAR, if you want something fancy, just get something from any of the major american rifle manufactues custom shops with gold leaf, fancy engraving, endangered walnut stock, etc.

Out of your price range? With the job and money you make, just pull an extra on call and that should cover you!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-11 AT 07:09PM (MST)[p]The Blaser is an excellent firearm. Great fit and finish and a sweet trigger. Very accurate. You can change the bolt head and barrel and switch calibers in about 2 minutes. I owned one for several years but I could never get used to the bolt. I also didn't like the removable magazine. I couldn't beleive they put that piece of crap like that in such a nice gun. The safety is a modified tang safety but when you take it "off safe" you actually set the firing pin spring. So, when its "on safe" there is no way it can fire. I sold mine and bought a Kimber. I was raised with a model 70 so the Kimber was like goin' home.

Lol bggmhtr, I was planning on taking a years worth of on call and spending my tax return on it. But its a long ways out, I am just dreaming. I found a good deal on one but it was still WAY out of range.

Kawboy,
I have a story for you about a Blaser rifle which I was obliged to borrow on a over-seas hunt. Maybe we'll be talking about rifles on the 16th???? (elk scouting)

Enough to say, I had a good experience with the rifle. The first time I tried to fire it, at a target, I about bent the bolt trying to lift it. Silly me!

My sporting clays partner shoots an O/U in a Blaser. He loves it but it's a bit higher in the stock than my Beretta GP-II.

Best,
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom