book cliffs roadless

hezzy

I've been doing some research on areas to apply for bear this year and started thinkin about applying somewhere i've never been. from what i can tell its pretty inaccessible to get close to the boundaries? is that right? On the map I was checking it shows one small two track road coming from the south off I-70 that ends right close to the roadless area. Is that right? Anyone have any stories or other insight? Thanks in advance. Hezzy

Yep , That would be Sego canyon. Right were you need to sadle ponys up..

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

The roadless is pretty much access from Sego Canyon (I-70 at the town of Thompson) or Ten Mile Knoll (I-70 up Hay Canyon or from Ouray,Utah). You can hike in from some other areas, but you will be miles away from your unit. This year may be good, as there is very little snow on top of the Bookcliffs right now. I snowmobiled to to the Sego gate a couple weeks ago and there was only around a foot of snow. Guy GT Outfitters 435-820-4995 if you have more questions.

I think he is talking bear SLIVER, but nice bull.
Any roadless area pretty much limits bating but I am sure there are some good bears in there.

My bad, I just re-read his post.
We did have a blackie in camp last year on the elk hunt.

}}-SLIVER-->

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom