C-zone eviction

larrbo

Very Active Member
Most weekends I find myself driving up Highway 32 to Lake Almanor. I don't have a C deer tag this year but ever since I was a kid you knew when it was deer season from all of the camps setup at the Transfer. So for the past two weekends I noticed that there weren't any camps there even though it was deer season....hard to figure out what was going on.

Then I talked with a buddy today and mentioned it to him and he told me the story. I guess on Friday night the before the opener all the guys that camp there were all setup and ready for the next morning. Then a sheriff and game warden rolled in and told them to packup and move out. The reason given was that this was not a designated campground. I would guess that this had to ruin deer season for many hunters. I am 57 years old and have been traveling up 32 all of my years and have always seen the camps during deer season. This kind of makes me sad to see this and also the gates closing down the roads into the forest.

If it is National Forest land or BLM it is your land.Be respectfull with the law then till them you will see them in court.Their isn't a dam thing they can do about when the judge rules in your favor.If you pay your taxes i don't know of anywhere you can't camp if it is puplic land,you just can't have a fire.

I'm pretty sure that ground at the Transfer station is owned by Collins Pine, our local privately owned logging Mill/Co. Yes, people by the dozens for generations have camped there during deer season. Collins Pine has always been pretty good about allowing temporary camping and hunting on their holdings. Not sure if this is a new, area wide policy or just for that area. I've always avoided hunting that area myself as just too many people but i understand that it's smack dab in the migration corridor.

I heard a rumor that some of the newer Forest Service gates in this area have had major damage done to them this year but can't vouch for that myself :)

Joey

I personly don't know why the forest service would gate anything anyway.It has to be ether Collins or Seirra Pac land,but Collins has always been good to hunters as long as you didn't trash your spot where you camped.So prob Seirra Pac they have the yellow gates and don't care for hunting that much unless you know someone???????????????????????

Buckbuster64 said, "I personly don't know why the forest service would gate anything anyway."

I did check with a local friend that knows Collins and that country well though, it is not Collins but Sierra Pacific land. He said that they call it the Transfer Station is because that's where, long ago, they transferred logs to a railroad line. He thought the old line may have gone to from Lyman springs to sterling city...

Joey

Sierra Pacific doesn't mind if you hunt on the land they just don't want motorized vehicles on the property for various reasons..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom