Cast Iron Shepard Pies

Blank

Long Time Member
Seasoned Ground beef, sauteed onions, carrots, sweet peas. Sharp cheddar and mashed Russet potatoes. The wife doesn't do onions, so everything was properly labeled and identified!!
smile
Delicious!! :)

IMG_6093.jpeg

IMG_6095.jpeg

IMG_6098.jpeg

IMG_6100.jpeg

IMG_6101.jpeg

Seasoned Ground beef, sauteed onions, carrots, sweet peas. Sharp cheddar and mashed Russet potatoes. The wife doesn't do onions, so everything was properly labeled and identified!! View attachment 133768 Delicious!! :)

View attachment 133763

View attachment 133764

View attachment 133765

View attachment 133766

View attachment 133767
Looks great. Since you seem to do all or most of the cooking, does she cleanup and do the dishes?
That might look simple once done, but it looks like a lot of prep. Never made Shepherds Pie but it’s in my to do list.

Yes, she does do the cleanup. I never have figured out all the dishwasher routines. Not too bad for cooking, while meat is cooking I chop all the veggies and potatoes. Have all 3 burners going. Even with the little RV stove it took 1 1/2 hours total. Goes lots quicker with left over meat and potatoes the next day!!

Practice, practice, practice……… like a Philharmonic Violinist, Chef Blank gave half his life for those skills…… 😁

Shepard pie, and new potatoes and peas. Other than that, I don't have a lot of use for them either. :)

Shepard pie, and new potatoes and peas. Other than that, I don't have a lot of use for them either. :)
I like the frozen sweet peas but not the canned peas. I like those one pot meals. Great job, Blank.

We (mostly I) wash the dishes while the main pan is in the oven.

Last edited:
Growing up there was 5 of us kids, so 7 people at the dinner table. My mom would serve canned peas. We were probably the only family that could make a can of peas last 2 weeks. 🤣🤣🤣

The first time I was in London, I ordered fish and chips in a pub. They served it with a side of guacamole, which I thought was weird. Took a big scoop and found out what mushy peas were, and that they suck!!!

The first time I was in London, I ordered fish and chips in a pub. They served it with a side of guacamole, which I thought was weird. Took a big scoop and found out what mushy peas were, and that they suck!!!
Never ever meet, or heard of anyone that likes or eats canned green peas……… They must be the least cycled SKU in North America.

I don’t think you could sell a single can on ebay…….. where you can sell bags of sh!t.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom