Clear Lale Antelope

Drnaln

Have a friend that drew Clear Lake & any help would be great.His first California antelope tag & he's over 60 years old.
Thanks,David

Tell me your not talking about the one off Hy.20 ??

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-08 AT 07:25AM (MST)[p]

I drew that tag 16 years ago.
It was a tough hunt back then.
Try to draw a permit to hunt the peninsula part of the refuge.
The antelope liked to go to water there, otherwise they were very difficult to find amongst the junipers and were more like deer to hunt.
This hunt cannot be compared to antelope hunting in Wyoming or Montana.
HH

Drew this tag last year, awesome. Lots of bucks to chose from. Deffenantly submit your aplication for the peninsula as this is where most of the bucks are hanging out at the begining of the season. After a couple of days, they will scatter then are a little harder to find as it is big country but has plenty of high areas to get get to so you can see. Also lots of roads for good access. You will get a nice buck. Good luck

Thanks guys!My buddy's not much for research & I hate to see his tag go to waste.I'll probebly go over with him on the hunt to give him a hand.Have to look into that drawing ASAP if that is a good spot.He's out of town now but will talk to him next week.How's a person do the drawing?
Thanks,David

Back in the "old days" the peninsula part of the refuge was first come first served. But that is your best bet early.

Kyle, not that Clear Lake, you Dork!:)

Eel

Thanks for all the input but my buddy told me today that he's not going to buy the tag.Do to time issues he's going to let the alternate in the draw take it.Not what I would do but it's his choice!
David

60 yrs old and returning it...wow!
it would only tag a weekend to harvest with out scouting!
well at lease next up will have a great hunt!
rm

63 years old.Tryed to talk him out of it but he said he had some other hunts planned.At least another hunter will get a chance to use it.I'm an alternate for Likley Tables archery & would take the tag if it's offered to me!
David

Having this tag last year, your buddy would tag out opening weekend if he wasn't picky especially if he got the pennisula area, but his choice, it is just so hard to draw these things. Took me 25 years for mine to come and my dad was drawn the second year they started, so who knows. ANyway, sorry he has to pass it up as who knows when or if he will be drawn again but it will make someone else very happy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom