Coatimundis

sledriders

does anyone know anything about hunting Coatimundis in arizona? I can't find anything on AZ F&G website. is there a season, tag, legal to posses them? where are they located in arizona? are there areas where they are abundant or an area one could at least get a picture of one? has anyone seen them? can anyone please post a picture of one in arizona? thanks

I saw one in unit 27 on a late elk hunt one year. I don't know what the law is on them, but personally I would not kill one just because they are so rare to see and it was one of the highlights of the trip.

I saw a total of 20 this year in 36c. I have no idea on seasons or anything. Maybe call AZGFD office .......... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

I've seen these little animals quite a bit. They seem to run in small packs. I saw some in 18b a few years back. They run with there tails straight up, looked pretty cool.

Coati (under OTHER BIRDS & MAMMALS in the regulations booklet)

Season
Sep 1, 2008 - Mar 31, 2009 (5,8,9)
Open areas Statewide (including Walnut Canyon enclosure in Unit 22;
excluding National Wildlife Refuges, Mohave County Park Lands, and
Units 11M, 25M, 26M, 38M, and 47M)

Bag Limit

Unlimited, except for coati which is one (1) per calendar year. House (English) sparrows, European starlings and
mammals of the Orders Rodentia (except beaver, black-tailed prairie dog, muskrat, porcupine or tree squirrel) and
Insectivora may be taken alive and held in captivity pursuant to R12-4-404.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

i seen in the paper last week that they found a rabid on outside of casa grande

2556coati.jpg

Here's little one, if I posted it right.

Photo was taken in AZ unit 30A on the day after Thanksgiving. Two of them were hanging out next to the road and real close to my ATV. This one was dumber than a rock and could have been killed with one.

They are way neat. We hunted mearns Quail and then spent a day hunt Coati's and all 3 of us shot one at seperate times. I seen 9 in that one day of hunting.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom