Cold Weather Beans and Ham

Blank

Long Time Member
Northern white beans, bone in ham, trinity heavy on shaved carrots, SPG, simmer all day. Enjoy a little cornbread on the side.

IMG_6049.jpeg

IMG_6051.jpeg

IMG_6055.jpeg

IMG_6059.jpeg

Chef Blank……. You should consider a daily podcast, targeting small, rural cafes with “Tomorrow's Special’s”. They would double their clientele in a week by following your daily menu!

It’s true!

You're funny. That would require thought, and prior planning. I have to do appetizers for 25 for the football party, here at the RV park, and haven't even thought about it yet. Better wander around the grocery early tomorrow!!

Beans and rice are on our weekly menu, all year long. On Wednesday mornings, I add 3/4 cup pintos, 3/4 cup white beans (navy, black eyed peas, whatever I have) to a crock pot with 5 cups water. I add 3 Tbsp of chicken bouillon powder and I sprinkle on some onion powder and turn it on low. Mid afternoon or so I cook on the stove 1.5 cups of brown rice in 3 cups water for 1 hour at a low simmer. Approx. 30 minutes before eating, I spoon in at least half of the cooked rice into the beans. I serve it with a rotation of homemade tortillas, cornbread or biscuits. It is a highlight each and every week. Yours looks really yum Blank!!

Yours sounds delicious. Too many people miss out on the wonderful taste, texture, and health benefits of brown rice. There are great recipes out there!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom