Congrats to the Gators

troutsniffer

Congrats to the Gators on SECOND place. They should have given the championship trophy to the Utes at halftime. Once again, they really need a playoff system!!!!

+1

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

+2

Utah definately could have played good ball with either of them two

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

+4

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

"great replies"

I watched the game, and I have to say that was some crappy ball playing on both sides. I have no doubt UTAH could have beat both teams.

+ 5 Didn't look like the best 2 teams in the nation.
I bet Utah ranks 4th, maybe 3rd, not that I agree with it just my prediction...........

YOU GUYS HAVE TO REALIZE FLORIDA & OKLAHOMA ARE TWO OF THE MOST CONSISTANT TOP 5 TEAMS IN THE NATION YEAR IN/ YEAR OUT. THEY PLAY IN TUFF CONFERENCES/ GOOD TEAMS MOST EVERY WEEK, .....ITS DIFFICULT AT BEST TO THINK YOU HAVE A SHOT AT #1 WHEN YOU PLAY IN A LESSER CONFERENCE.......ASK THE BOISE FANS ABOUT THAT........YD.

your right it was a good game, but they do need to come up with some kind of playoff system to decide the champion.

Year in and year out means absolutely squat! This year, the Utes got jobbed again! The reason they are in a lessor conference is because the BCS Bastages make sure that most of the money goes to those so called "better confrences" Am a BYU fan, but can look through the Blue glasses to see that the Utes deserved the chance at the NC. They over the years have consitantly beaten the hell out of BCS teams. Just my .2

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-09 AT 08:05AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-09 AT 08:04?AM (MST)

congrats to Florida, the true #1. i think Utah should be #3 right behind USC. A playoff system is much needed though

AP Ranking's put Utah at #2, it will be interesting to see the BCS ranking, I and thinking #3

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

The commentators kept saying how great it was for Oklahoma being in 4 out of the last 6 or so title games, even though they lost all of them. I kept thinking, maybe they lost them because they were overratted??? Florida lost at home, to a mariginal Ole Miss team. USC lost to Oregon State. The National Championship game should have been Texas vs Utah.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

I think the Utes are right where they should be, they could beat every other team in the country, but Florida IMO. Keep in mind that Oklahoma averages 55 points a game, and TCU was the only team to hold them under 40 until last night when they only managed 14 against the Gators. Sure the system sucks, but you honestly think that Utah is a better team all around the UF?

What a boring game. The Oklahoma Stoopsters laid another egg and Big Game Bob put together another winning game plan in a BCS bowl.

What was the deal with all that constant conferencing looks to the sideline? When OU went up tempo they looked unstoppable.

I simply cannot figure why they refuse to implement a playoff system.

Also, both teams looked rusty. Thats what happens when you have a 30+ day lapse between games.

"Sure the system sucks, but you honestly think Utah is a better team all around than the UF?"

I guess I would have to ask going into the Sugar Bowl if you honestly thought Utah was better team than Alabama?

I don't know who is better but I think the athletes deserve the opportunity to find out. That's the great thing about athletics at the college level, upsets happen all the time. That's why I love March madness.

Here is a link to the ESPN article. Just another opinion I suppose but a good read if you are pulling for the local guys.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3815656

>
> YOU GUYS
>HAVE TO REALIZE FLORIDA &
>OKLAHOMA ARE TWO OF THE
>MOST CONSISTANT TOP 5 TEAMS
>IN THE NATION YEAR IN/
>YEAR OUT. THEY PLAY IN
>TUFF CONFERENCES/ GOOD TEAMS MOST
>EVERY WEEK, .....ITS DIFFICULT AT
>BEST TO THINK YOU HAVE
>A SHOT AT #1 WHEN
>YOU PLAY IN A LESSER
>CONFERENCE.......ASK THE BOISE FANS ABOUT
>THAT........YD.

HMMM, who did Boise beat for the title a couple years ago?? Who did Utah beat this year, OSU, who in turn beat USC... Florida lost to Ole Miss team and ran up the score on the Citadell?? Why the heck are they even playing the Citadell... That's like UW playing Tacoma Community College. Utah beat six bowl teams this year, every one they faced, where Florida was 4-1 against bowl teams.

Ropinfool,
How did you figure those rankings? Here's mine:
1)Utah
2)USC
3)Florida
4)Texas

Ohio State and OU ahead of Texas, who beat both of them? I'm a huge USC/Pac 10 fan but you have to give it to the Utes they beat Oregon State who beat USC and they manhandled Bama who Florida barely beat to get into the NC.

1. FLORIDA
2. TEXAS
3. UTAH
4. USC
5. OKLAHOMA

CONSIDER THE BIG PICTURE, & VOTE WITH YOUR HEAD...NOT YOUR HEART.........YD.

Those make more sense then Ropinfools but I have a hard time putting Texas that high because they had to come back to barely beat Ohio State who was crushed by USC this season. I hope I live long enough to see a college football playoff! And not the Plus 1 system because it wouldn't work on a year like this.

UTAH.....32ND TUFFEST SCHEDULE IN THE NATION

USC.......28TH TUFFEST SCHEDULE IN THE NATION

NUFF SAID.......YD.

Maybe Utah is going to need to do what
Urban Meyer had to do to win the National Championship
Go to another Conference.
And Congrats to Urban on his second Championship.
And Congrats to Utah on a GREAT Year..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom